Hotwire Hotel: Another newbie, please help

cdan
By cdan,
in

I'm planning a bachelor party and I need to get some hotel rooms in NYC. Since we do not plan on being in the room at all, we'd like to save some money, but still have a decent place to sleep. There are several options:

- Get a suite sized room and put 4 guys in each room

- Get 3 or 4 smaller rooms and 2-3 guys in each room

What would you reccomend? I have stayed at the Surrey hotel before and it was plenty big for 4 guys. There were 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa. Are there any options like this on Hotwire?

What would you do in my situation?

I should have added my budget.

I would like to be around or under $200 per room. Ideally, I would like to get two rooms that are big enough for 4 guys to crash. If not, I can get three rooms.

Also, I will have 4 guys show on Friday, 6/3 for two nights. The other 4 will come on Saturday, 6/4 for one night. We'd like to stay in the same hotel.

With your slightly complicated scenario, I wouldn't mess with an "opaque" booking system like Hotwire. You should easily be able to find a good hotel on a discount site like Quikbook where you will know what you are getting and not risk being assigned to different hotels. Also, beddiing is not guaranteed, so if you need 2 doubles vs a king, you had better have the choice. Happy party.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree that your needs/wants are probaby too specific to use one of the opaque suppliers, however....

The Beekman should serve your needs well as the 1BR suites there are quite spacious (especially by NYC standards... 450-650 sq ft).

The 1BR suites have a queen bed in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living room. There are also complete kitchens which have refrigerators (cold beer :) ) and such so that should also enable you to have an area to make mixed drinks. You can see a layout of the room at their website: affinia.com/NYC-Hotel/Beekman-Tower/Photo_Gallery/Photo_Gallery.cfm

Note that thru EasyClickTravel this is a 1BR suite for $203, the QuickBook offer is $209 for a studio suite (so not as good of a deal). Quickbook does have the Millenium UN for $199/nite, but i think the Beekman provides you a lot more space for your needs.

Let us know what you decide to do and if we can be of further help. If you book any of the above please use the links in this post to do so.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]