Priceline Hotel: 2* and 2.5* Hotels?

MrsPhim
By MrsPhim,
in

Sorry to ask, I am still fairly new here! But there doesn't seem to be too much info on the 2* and 2.5* hotels in the Disneyland area. I know there are a lot of lesser than 3* hotels and motels here. Can anyone post what hotels have been won through Priceline, for the 2* and 2.5* rating, in the Disneyland area? Thanks so much, and sorry again if I posted this topic in the wrong area!

If they aren't listed, it's because no one has reported a win.

I think many people (me for example) are quite willing to stay at a 2* motel in Anaheim if they know which one it is, and I've stayed at several, but don't particularly like the idea of being handed a random 2* hotel. You have less risk if you bid only for a 3* hotel. For one thing, the zone map is quite big, at least for Priceline.

I'll also add that the value 'sweet-spot' with the opaque providers is at the 3*-4* level.

Using Anaheim as an example, 3* hotels can often be had at $35-45/nite. As fixed costs (you use the same amount of water, electricity, heat, wear and tear, towels, etc) are similar for a low star hotel and a high star hotel, the higher star hotels have a much greater ability to discount.

Given the prices i just mentioned above, how much lower could a 2* hotel offer their property and still make money?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's just that most of the 3* hotels in this area add an additional $10-15 charge for parking per day, and along with buying food and paying for theme park tickets, I figure the parking charge was an expense we could do without. Oh well, can't have it all, I guess!! =)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]