Hotwire Hotel: 4 star savannah, ga(historic district)

hwy80
By hwy80,
in

As far as when to bid, see the related "Bid Early or Close to Check-in" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Based upon current rates, if you were successful for a 4* at $130 would you consider that to be a good deal?

Let us know once you're ready to bid, and if you want to keep your maximum bid at $130 (or some other number), and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I am ready to bid tomorrow on a 4* in savannah historic district. I am hoping to get the Westin because it is next door to where I need to be for that weekend. I will be bidding for 2 rooms for the night of June 17th. Where should I start the bid?

I will be bidding for 2 rooms for the night of June 17th.

To confirm... you need to 2 rooms for the nite of 6/17 and one room for the nite of 6/18? If so, you won't be able to bid these together, you will either need to bid:

1) 2rooms 6/17 and 1room 6/18

-no assurance you will get the same hotel for each purchase and the person staying for both nites may need to change htoels mid-stay

2) 1 room for the nite of 6/17 and 1 room for the nites of 6/17-6/19

-you may get two different hotels on each leg of your purchase and the two 'parties' (one for each room) may not be at the same hotel... but the person staying 2 nites will not have to change hotels

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While i suspect, based upon current prices, the following will be too low (and your $120 may ultimately prove to be too low as well), given the time on your side i would start with the following:

When bidding the 4* level in Savannah you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Historic District...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask. If/when rejected just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I was going to start bidding today but now it shows only 1 hotel that is 4 star and the name your own price one. Earlier today there were 3 choices and the name your own price on PRICELINE. Does this mean I will be bidding on that 1 place?

Do you mean there were a certain number of choices showing on the regular rate side of the service?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Note that the 'retail' section of PRICELINE and the 'name your own price' section each use a different universe of hotels, so you're not only bidding on hotels which show in the retail portion of their site... those hotel may, or may not, participate in the name your own price service, and there may other hotels which use the bidding side of their service but not the retail. For additional info see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

At this point in time what is your maximum bid?

There is no telling if rates will come down, or go even higher, if you choose to wait. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you won a 4* at $130 for this time of year would you consider that to be a good deal?

If you wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid there are no restrictions... it's as if you're starting from a clean slate and have no previous bidding history.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]