FL Orlando Sheraton Vistana Lake Buena Vista

TravelExpertGuru
By TravelExpertGuru,
in

:)

I absolutely LOVE this resort. I used the Android application "Hotel Search by Adlibtrips", which is powered by Hotwire. After 2 weeks of searching for hotels on the aggregate websites, comparing Hotwire and going nearly insane planning out Disney Vacation, I jumped on the $79/night rate I found. The amenities listed included:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Kitchenette

Children's Activity Program

Finding the property is EASY. I grew up going to Orlando every summer to my grandparents house, so I know the area quite well, but for anyone who is unfamiliar with Orlando, this is an easy property to find with direct access to I-4. When you arrive on property, you turn into the Welcome Center and go inside to check in. I feared being a time-share/condo that I'd get harassed to come to the High Pressure, we-refuse-to-take-no-for-an-answer the second I walked into the lobby. I was ready and defensive to ward off the "Sign up now" Stalkers. Check in was pleasant, the agent was nice and was quick. The deposit for incidentals was only $50 and then she tells us they have a welcome package for us. I was really exhausted at this point and managed to avoid an opportunity to have to be pressured into coming to their meeting. We leave the Welcome Center and go around to our building. All units are behind gated, guarded, access. Our unit was the first row of buildings, and was right behind the Welcome Center, so we didn't have to weave through the complex to find our way. The property is set up just like a luxury apartment complex, so it already feels homely.

We were given a ground floor, end/corner unit. When I walked in, I was amazed at how nice the place was. There is a full, all though slightly micro, kitchen. You have a mini-washer/dryer unit in a closet, small pantry with all cooking utensils and accesories, an electric, flat-surfaced cook top with an oven, full sized microwave, dishwasher and a full sized 12 cup coffee maker. You also get a toaster, blender, pots and pans, cookie sheet, colander..etc. I cooked breakfast every morning, dinner every night and even baked cookies. We saved SOOOO much money, it was worth paying a little more per night over a 3star for $28. We had a full king size bed in the master suite, and a 42" LG HDTV in the living room with a Bose Stereo/DVD Player. There is a pull out couch, which is comfortable if you can find the right spot to avoid the bar in your back. The bathroom was amazing as well. It has a deep full size bathtub: a Kohler Bubble Massage to be exact and it was great for relaxing in after a 12 hour drive and a day at Disney. I think I must have soaked in it for an hour each night.

The bedroom had a 32" LG HDTV in it as well, goose down, or down alternative bedding. The thermostat, I can tell you is quick to cool/heat the room as well.

My daughter is 4 and loved the room, she didn't want to leave and asked if we could move there.

Honestly, I am not one for time-shares, but if I had the money to invest, I certainly would at this property. We did get 1 phone call, because we happened to be in the room when they did their calls. We had just sat down to dinner and the guy of course did all he could to get us down there. "It's only 45 minutes, over breakfast..." etc etc etc. Luckily I wasn't the one on the phone, and my friend had the job of trying to say no. It took him about 5 minutes of "We aren't interested" to finally just get the guy off the phone.

OH! The welcome packet you receive has some toiletry items, a razor and some coupons.

The property has 7 pools that are heated to 82F. 4 are open until 10pm and 3 are open until 1am, or visa versa. They have activities every day and while we were there they hosted a 50s style Sock Hop and an outdoor movie night. We didn't have time to go, but there is ALWAYS something going on.

There is a market on property, but really over priced, but for a nominal fee, you can have your room stocked prior to arrival if you call ahead. There is a Wal-Mart not far from the property, so don't worry about having to only shop there, unless you don't rent a car while there.

They do offer shuttles to the parks, but the schedules aren't really convenient.

Close to the property is one of the Premium Outlet Centers, one that I shop at every time I'm in Orlando. You can walk to Wendy's, Chick-fil-a and there is a Sante Fe steak house next door. Landry's and Golden Corral is about a block down and across from the hotel. It's a busy 6 laned road, so I wouldn't recomment walking to it, unless you are comfortable playing Frogger at the intersection.

Across the street is a miniature golf, and we could hear the Volcano go off from our room (shoots fire), but it's not annoyingly loud or anything.

I honestly cannot say enough about this property and would LOVE to be able to get a good deal like this through Hotwire in the future. If you get this property for your booking with Hotwire you will certainly enjoy it, I can't say enough about this place, not one negative thing, I am truly in love with this place.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]