Hotwire Hotel: 4* Indianapolis (Downtown) Westin

Gina Marina
By Gina Marina,
in

I need help identifying a 4.0* in Downtown Indianapolis arriving 2/4/2011 for one night. Listed at $65 per night. It has the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

The 3.5*, for $60/night has all of the above plus a pool, which looks like it could be Crowne Plaza, Sheraton, or Hilton.

The 3.0* for $61 per night (more than the 3.5*???) has amongst other amenities, laundry and golf nearby. I think this is the University Place, which I absolutely want to stay away from since it is not downtown. It used to be listed as a 4* on Hotwire...I'm leaning towards the 4*, just don't want to get duped into the University Place.

Thanks for all your help.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The University Place was last reported to the board as a 4*, so unfortunately, that would be my guess in this case. The 3.5* could be a possible match for those three.

Are you also seeing a smoke-free for the 3*? Please list all amenities showing with this listing. Thanks.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Bot the Westin and the University Place have been seen at the 4* level and the amenities above, so either of these would be possible... although the University Hotel has not been reported to the board in nearly a year so there is always the chance that it has been downgraded since then. I don't know much about the University Hotel except that quite a few view is less favorable then the other 4* properties in the zone, and this HOTWIRE offer shows 4.5/5.0 across the board for various aspects, including location. One would think if the location is less favorable than others within the zone that this property would fall short on this rating, so given the 4.5/5.0 i would more likely favor this to be the Westin than the University Hotel, but as the amenities of each look alike before purchase there is no way to know for certain... which is a risk you'll need to accept if you move forward with this offering.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for the help...

I'm really hoping the 4* is the Westin. I figured it wasn't the University Place because it didn't have the laundry facilities or the golf nearby listed in the amenities. I wonder if it did get downgraded because the 3* has the following amenities:

smoke free, breakfast, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry amenities, hi speed internet & golf nearby

Does this sound like any other downtown properties?

I want to go for the 4* because the Westin is my favorite place to stay, but I'm not sure I'm willing to take the risk. The University Place is SO SO far away from downtown - it's on the Indiana University campus in Indy. I could just go safe and book the 3.5*...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]