Hotwire Hotel: Identifying Aruba Hotels

mesports26
By mesports26,
in

I am going to Aruba from 2/27 to 3/6 and I am looking for a hotel. I see a lot of people are naming their own price for the marriott stellaris. Can you please explain how this is working? Also when I look on Priceline I see 3 potential hotels under the resort category. Does this mean if I bid for a resort I will get either the Westin, the Hyatt or the Marriott Stellaris?

Any tips on how to book a winning bid for one of these hotels? Looking to spend 100-170 per night.

Thank you

Can anyone help identify these hotels that come up for Feb 27 to March 6 in Aruba?

1) Palm Beach- Oranjestad, Aruba area hotel (3 stars for 168 per night)

amenities: resort/ beach front/ fitness center/ pool/ restaurants/ business center/ laundry/ high speed internt

2) Palm Beach- Oranjestad, Aruba area condo (3 stars for 135 per night)

amenities: condo/ resort/ beachfront/ studio/ kitchen/ AC/ children's actitivity

*this one is through Hotels.com

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is more important to you for this stay... the lowest price or knowing the amenities offered and having a guess as to which property you may be purchasing?

For each of the HOTWIRE offers above, if you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to each of these offerings and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click the previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is more important to you for this stay... the lowest price or knowing the amenities offered and having a guess as to which property you may be purchasing?)

I would probably say knowing the amenities offered and having a guess as to which property we may be purchasing. We really want.a hotel with a beach front view at palm beach. That's really the key for us. We know the holiday inn sunspree fits our budget but wanted to know if maybe we could do better. Any advice would be great.

our room does not need to face the beach but the hotel needs to be on the beach- where we can just walk out of hotel and be on the beach. We would love any of the 3 priceline resorts. We just do not want the renaissance which is downtown in the city and not anywhere near a beach. If we pick the resort category when we name our price is it possible to get a 4 star hotel or are we guaranteed a resort that is beachfront? that is our biggest fear.

If we pick the resort category when we name our price is it possible to get a 4 star hotel or are we guaranteed a resort that is beachfront?
You're guaranteed a Resort class property (as per PRICELINE's determination) but that doesn't necessarily mean it will necessarily be on the beach.
We would love any of the 3 priceline resorts.
The 'retail' version of PRICELINE and the 'name your own price' side of their service each use a different universe of hotels... so when bidding for a Resort class property you could receive a hotel which is not appearing on the retail side. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more info.

If Beachfront is a must then a HOTWIRE property showing the Beachfront icon would be the safest bet. For HOTWIRE properties above, If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is a list of all the amenities that is shown for a 3 star Palm Beach- orangjestad, aruba area hotel:

resort/ beachfront/fitness center/pool(s)/restuarant(s)/business center/ laundry facilities/ high speed internet access/ golf nearby/ tennis nearby/ spa services/ children's activity program

Any ideas to what it may be?

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board, and with most of the Resort properties offering nearly the same amenities, and no additional clues provided by HOTWIRE, i don't think we'll be able to gain much insight into this one.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to "look behind the curtain". If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]