Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Airprot West-Doral) Holiday Inn Airport West Doral

Edwin_E
By Edwin_E,
in

I need a place to stay close to the MIA airport (with shuttle) for Feb 12- Feb 13

No special needs but would like to have a clean bugfree room

Hotwire shows a 3* in Miami Lakes - Hialeah North for $54 with Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool. Restaurant, Business Center and Internet

Any idea what that could be?

There is also a 100$ 3* at MIA Airport that additionally shows laundry.

Both is 3* and I wonder if I get a much better place for 100$

Don't know that area at all

Any advice?

Airport Hotel MIA Feb 12-13

I need a place to stay close to the MIA airport (with shuttle) for Feb 12- Feb 13

Basically the room should be clean and bugfree

Would 3* be enough?

Which areas should I include to have a good chance to get an airport shuttle

Just MIA airport?

Or also MIami Airport West Doral?

Or even Miami Lakes - Hialeah?

Don't know the area at all

Will be arriving at 9pm (with 6hrs jetlag - feeling like 3am) and leave at 6am - so would ideally sleep on the plane :)

Any advice?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

For this stay, what is more important... the lowest price OR having a guess as to the property beforehand and knowing if it has a shuttle or not?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It sounds as if HOTWIRE may be a better fit for you for this stay as you will know if it a Shuttle is offered (although note this doesn't ensure that it's complimentary) as well as have a guess as to the hotel before your purchase and user reviews/satisfaction levels (if provided).

The Miami Lakes zone is a bit north of the Airport and part of my concern is that the Shuttle for this property may come with an additional charge... on HOTWIRE i would sooner stick with the Miami Aiport zone and the Doral-Miami Airport zone (although there are a few properties in this second zone where there is a charge for Shuttle service, or no Shuttle service is provided)

The 3* Miami Lakes property above has not yet been reported to the board, but a guess would be the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel with the addition of a Pool icon and upgraded to the 3* level (it hasn't been reported to the board at the 3* level nor with a Pool icon (although it does have a pool) but that is the closest match i could find and would be my best guess for this property)

HOTWIRE has a 3* in the Miami Airport zone for $90 with a 90% user satisfaction rate as well as a 3.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating... best guess is the Holiday Inn Doral; would this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best guess for the 3* would be either the Holiday Inn Airport or the Holiday Inn Doral.

I don't have a guess for the 2*, but with only a 55% user recommendation rating, and based upon your comments above, i don't think this is something that you'd likely be happy with (other than the price :) ). If this was an option i would probably sooner first try to roll the dice on a 3* or 2.5* thru PRICELINE.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]