Save 20% off Independence Air

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

I agree this is an airline in trouble (which is a shame because they're a good airline), although right now they're only accepting bookings through the end of August. I think the busy summer travel season will give them a boost, and I have very high confidence they'll be around until the end of it. When I think it should start really hitting the fan for them is around late October/early November after the traditionally slow month of September. When the link expires 6/1, the schedule cut-off should fall just before, or right at the very beginning of what I view as the time to start really worrying.

I think that's sound advice. I suppose there is SLIGHTLY more risk booking summer travel with FlyI, but I'd also note that many of their direct DC competitors (United, USAirways) are in equal financial peril. So you buy your tickets (cheap) and take your chances (relatively low)!

FWIW, I put a family member on one of Independence's new full size jets last week (because it was much cheaper than the alternatives) and he gave a positive report.

Comes out to $65 total with taxes booked through the 20% off link. I see that they've just opened up their schedule all the way through the end of December, but I think people should be safe going with this sale, which is good for select flights through August only.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]