Priceline Hotel: 4* Puerto Vallarta 1-8 to 1-10 Marriot $70

Lexzander
By Lexzander,
in

Started bidding at 60 and it offered me back at 75 so I knew i was close. Got accepted at 70 plus 21 in taxes (high taxes in PV).

As always got my price line place off the link on the top of this page. It was a nice place for me to go as I know NOTHING about PV, last time was 40 years ago.........needless to say PV has changed a little.

The Marriott is in the marina area with the boats. Pretty expensive on everything however found one restaurant in the area with excellent food at reasonable prices its at the very far end of the marina exactly next to the small boat launch ramp. Free tequila 3 dollar guacamole, 10 dollar main coarse that can feed two with a free kailua drink and desert, without doubt the best food in marina area, note not too many tourists here, mostly local Mexican nationals and retirees. Another place the tourists cannot find is the "el faro" lighthouse at the top is a little classy bar, very interesting and a "must see' at least once.

Since I wanted my date to see the old Puerto Vallarta i took her to the "hotel area" and used "bookit" to grab the Los Pelicanos all inclusive for 110 per nyt. A real bargain..............but Hahaha its not the Marriott. Look around in town and you will find 75 minute "promo" massages for twenty five bucks............well worth the investment.

Next we went to the "romantic area" Note this translation is "gay and lesbian" area, which without argument is the classiest and most artful and interesting part of our visit there.

My date decided she preferred the sterile environment of the Marriott so back we went to the CasaMagna again for our last nyt. Note this time we paid the 50 bucks for the upgrade to ocean view which in retrospect wasn't a pretty beat up room and in the future i would just stay with the garden view.

A couple notes...........as most Mexico hotels the Marriott is pretty tired, extremely expensive on everything, but definalty a clean resort environment. At both the hotels we stayed the staff were amazingly nice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]