Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas 7/7 - 7/10

rug1000
By rug1000,
in

Hi All,

I'm in the process of planning a bachelor party for the dates of 7/7 - 7/10. I tried for the $100 Venetian deal on priceline, but get a $163 counter offer (I assume this is because two out of the three nights are weekend nights). Splitting the nights probably is not an option and $163 seems a little high. Do you recommend trying certain prices between $100 and $163 as part of my free re-bids or does anybody have any other hotel recommendations or deals along the strip for that weekend?

Thanks for your help,

Rug

what was your bid and in what zone? When did you start bidding? If bidding for a 5* property, there are several re-bid zones and with this information, the board can better furnish a strategy. As for better deals, check out the new Las Vegas Hotel Checker and you can check the deals for several great properties. Also check out the link above for Easy Search for Easy Click and you can check out other deals for Vegas.

With this much time before your stay i would probably use re-bid zones and go as high as $140, but starting at $100 and increaseing by $5 per re-bid.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding it is explained in this thread: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and you should feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks everyone for your replies, they are very helpful. To answer dahammer's question, I started out at $90 for my bid in the Strip Vicinity only (5*), then I moved up by $5 each for two re-bids by adding the UNLV area and Airport area getting me up to $100 on my last bid.

For rebidding I used the method described in the post "Bidding Again before 72 hours" to make sure those areas had no 5* hotels offered and used just a couple of them to get up to $100. It seems that none of the other LV areas have 5* hotels so as you mentioned thereuare, I should be able to get up to $140 by using $5 increments.

I'll keep you updated. I may reserve a cancellable hotel room and continue to try for the $100 price as it gets closer to the dates of travel. Thanks again for all your help.

-Rug

We have seen the $99 rate on Friday and Saturday nites... it's not that common given the higher demand that weekends carry in Vegas, but we have seen it during very slow periods.

When it opens two weeks from today, Wynn Las Vegas will be adding 2700 luxury rooms directly across the street from the Venetian. Hopefully this will have the effect of making the promoional rates (and therefore the lowest PL rates) available during weekdays AND weekends when there are no conventions and when non-convention-driven demand is especially low <insert icon for crossing fingers> :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]