TX San Antonio Riverwalk Omni La Mansion del Rio

candigirl
By candigirl,
in

Arrived close to midnight. Parking is expensive, but the valet told us right off, that we could park across the street for 9 dollars a night, as opposed to the 35 per night at the hotel. Both lots are secure and covered so we opted for the lot across the street. Thanks for that tip, Sir!

Check in was easy. Sarah wished me a Happy Birthday (now how did she know?) and said that she hoped I felt better (tipped off by my bf during the reservation booking) and told us we had been upgraded to a RiverWalk view. She was a lovely lady, very professional and sweet.

The hotel was decorated with a southwest christmas theme and smelled like gingerbread and cedar, all in prefect keeping with the mission style hotel. There is an inner courtyard pool, heated, with a lovely trickling fountain. The elevators are a little on the small side. The halls were quiet and clean.

Entering the room I had a birthday card and a YUMMY chocolate rasberry mousse dessert waiting! Nice! Our room was on the 4th floor with a riverwalk view and a shared patio. The trees outside the french doors were sparkling with multicolored lights. Perfect spot because the 4th floor is high enough to avoid all but the loudest pedestrian sounds, and you have a perfect view of the river boats and architecture. The hotel is in a quiet, but by no means deserted area of the walk.

The room was nice, sleeper sofa, plenty of chairs, desk, coffee table flat screen tv, mini bar, etc. The water was 6 bucks a bottle, so be aware, the tap water is FINE! Internet is about 9 dollars a night.

The bathroom was small, but adequate. I noticed it needed a little regrouting in some areas around the tub, nothing major. Closet was small too, and there were robes provided. The only thing I didn't like was the ac, it was a little loud.

It is an easy stroll to eateries, the coyote ugly bar, cvs, mall and starbucks. We also walked to the Villita for breakfast.

We will be staying here again! Price was great at 111 per night, direct booking special.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]