Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Sheraton

SKslice
By SKslice,
in

My first time using this site. Thanks in advance for the help. Using Priceline, need 2 rooms in French Quarter, 4 stars, from March 18-21. It says avg price is $252. Last bid of $159 rejected. One other question. I need a third room, but for just 3/18-20. I don't seem to see how I can bid on all three when one is staying one day less, and we would all like to stay at the same hotel. Thanks again.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I need a third room, but for just 3/18-20. I don't seem to see how I can bid on all three when one is staying one day less, and we would all like to stay at the same hotel. Thanks again.

This can't be done with PRICELINE if same hotel is a must. The best option is to go with HOTWIRE in this case. With HOTWIRE can you look if the same hotel is there for your diffrent dates and we can maybe take an educated guess for the property.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks. On Hotwire, for the 18-20, the French Quarter hotel only lists a 3 and 1/2 star hotel with laundry fac, bus center, restaurant, pool and fitness center. The rate is $149. For the two rooms on the 18-21, it also lists only a 3 and 1/2 star hotel with all the same options, but for $ 134, although the lower price could be because the sunday night rate is cheaper than fri and sat. Thanks again.

Thanks. On Hotwire, for the 18-20, the French Quarter hotel only lists a 3 and 1/2 star hotel with laundry fac, bus center, restaurant, pool and fitness center. The rate is $149. For the two rooms on the 18-21, it also lists only a 3 and 1/2 star hotel with all the same options, but for $ 134, although the lower price could be because the sunday night rate is cheaper than fri and sat. Thanks again.

Hotwire does do some averaging. You could double check the situation by pulling up one day at a time. The math won't necessarily work out exactly, but the general pattern should be there.

Romelle

Thanks. Good tip. Yes, the first two nights are $149, and the third $99, which averages out to about the $134. So, any idea what hotels this could be? Thanks again.

If you look at the list of Hotwire reported hotels (first post in this Louisiana area) you will find all the NO(French Q) 3.5* prior reports from members. The closest match I see is the Astor Crowne Plaza. The hotels do change the amenities lists from time to time so it is always iffy. Also, the other hotel lists for this area were very similar.

Maybe somebody else here will have a little more expertise?

Romelle

One more caveat with the above scenario... keep in mind that there is still some risk involved. Not only may you get a different hotel with the same amenities, but it's also possible that the same hotel may not appear after you make your first purchase. For example, assume this property has only offered two rooms to HOTWIRE for these dates... it will appear on each of your searches above. However, after you make the first purchase, the same hotel will no longer appear when you go to make the second purchase since you just bought the only two rooms offered. You can mitigate this risk by searching for 3 rooms for the full dates of your stay, and fortunately what appears to be the same hotel is still offered, but i mention the above for anyone following along and so that you are aware of this potential risk as well, regardless of how big/little of a risk it may be.

With all of the above noted, best guess for this HOTWIRE offering is the Crowne Plaza.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Note that the 3.5* previously mentioned above, with this same exact amenity set, is no longer available... i think the Crowne Plaza may have been upgraded in the last few hours and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interesting. I don't love the reviews of the Crowne Plaza, and wonder if I keep 4 star but go with Downtown, I can get a nicer hotel but across the street from the french quarter on canal. Hotwire has a 4 star downtown with the following ameneties: high speed internet, smoke free rooms, pool, restaurant, fitness center and bus center. Options of what it could be? Thanks so much again.

These amenities are common for a 4* hotel but the above is a match for the Sheraton so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks so much for all your help. It was the Sheraton and I got two rooms for $130 a night all in. Now the problem comes for the third room I need for just two nights. After we bought these, the price went up for the other to 175. Hopefully by next week the price will come down and we can get lucky and get the Sheraton as well for the third room.

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Sorry to see the hotel went up in price after the first purchase... unfortunately that is one of the risks in needing to make separate transactions. Hopefully it will come back down in the weeks ahead.

What was the room rate before taxes and fees?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]