Priceline Hotel: Toronto Airport Area - 3.5* or 4*

DukeC7
By DukeC7,
in

Going on a one week vacation and have an early flight, so we are looking to get a room for the night and then use a Park and Fly before we go. (Since a lot of the hotels that we want to stay at seem to have quite high rack rates for the Stay and Park options)

Must be a major convention or very limited inventory because I'm having a real tough go here.

I'm trying for 2 rooms the night of January 26th.

First session of bidding - started with 4* at $62 using all 10 rebid zones and worked my way up to $87 with no luck.

Now trying 3.5* - started at $50 and have worked all the way up to $82 using the rebid zones (fewer at the 3.5* level)

I'm a little leary to move to the 3* level because at that point we might be able to find a Stay and Park hotel rack rate for close to what we would get going through Priceline and then a Park and Fly separately.

Any suggestions? :)

That is high for airport hotels. Hotwire has a 3* at $64. The only amenity is Airport Shuttle. I didn't see one in the list of reported hotels that matches this, but maybe somebody else here has some more expertise (if you would be interested in it?). The 3 1/2* was over $100.

Romelle

I think the issue would be that there is no guarantee that the hotel would offer the park and fly option - which is an added fee at many properties - with a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservation. You could definitely ask/negotiate once you make a purchase, but there would no guarantee they would say yes. What is the cheapest regular rate park/fly option you have found?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I haven't spent much time looking for Park and Fly rates. I know it will be around $70, but I may find something in the $50 range.

I agree Aaron and was thinking that if we won a Priceline bid, we could simply try and negotiate a parking rate at that time. If they didn't go for it, we would just do a Park and Fly separately.

If you consider doing the Parking separately, I highly recommend the GTAA parking lot at Airport and Viscount. You park and walk to the building where you catch a monorail that arrives every three minutes. The monorail takes you to Terminal 1 then Terminal 3 in no time. No waiting in the cold for shuttles. This is especially nice at the end of the trip when you just want to get home.

I haven't spent much time looking for Park and Fly rates. I know it will be around $70, but I may find something in the $50 range.

$50 or $70 for both a room and parking?? If you're able to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE a hotel, how much would 7 days of parking cost separately? (i'm assuming more than $20)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]