Hotwire Hotel: 3* Charlotte (Executive Park-South Park) Staybridge Suites

rpb
By rpb,
in

I got stranded in Charlotte at CLT after US Airways cancelled all of their flights (no announcements were made at the gate, nor were there any agents there...but that's another story) and needed a hotel last-minute (booked 1/11/11 at 3pm). The airline handed out cards offering their service (a number you could call) to get "discounted hotel rooms", but the cheapest rooms were $89+tax for 2-2.5* hotels far away from the airport. So, I started bidding with Priceline as follows, then checked out Hotwire after my $70 bid for a 3* was rejected:

PRICELINE Bids:

Rejected - 3.5* - $40 - Airport

Rejected - 3.5* - $45 - Airport + Gastonia

Rejected - 3.5* - $50 - Airport + Gastonia + Matthews

Rejected - 3* - $55 - Airport

Rejected - 3* - $70 - Airport + Fort Mill

Note: I believe that these all of these bids were rejected because the Holiday Inn was already booked solid for the night.

Areas with no 3.5* hotels (as of 1/11/11):

carowinds north

concord

fort mill

gastonia

matthews

north charlotte

pineville

rock hill

university

Areas with no 3* hotels (as of 1/11/11):

Fort Mill

After trying to figure out what hotel I would get (causing much indecision), I booked "Executive Park - South Park area hotel (1.7 - 7.5 mi from CLT" for $59 (total after taxes and fees was $74.15) because it had a 95% Hotwire guest recommendation rate. It turned out to be the "1 QN BED STUDIO DELUXE SUITE NONSMOKING" at Staybridge

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]