Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City-Hoboken) Sheraton Lincoln Harbor

Flight Delta
By Flight Delta,
in

Thank you for posting this win as a separate thread, and sorry to hear that the experience was a disappointment.

Thank you for confirming the change in star rating and name for this HOTWIRE listing so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List for the state.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

For more info on my experience at this location see

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=121412&

thanks again for posting your purchase, information such as this keeps this board up to date.

I'm not sure if you can re-open this complaint, but if your hotel room does not comply with the amenities shown prior to purchase, you can argue for a cancellation of the reservation or for a partial refund in the form of hot Dollars to be used in the future. $30 in hot Dollars is inadequate, in my opinion, I would start at $100 and settle for $50. Here is HOTWIRE's definition of a suite:

A guestroom designed for an extended stay and/or that is more spacious than the average hotel room. Suites typically offer residential-style furnishings, as well as separate living and sleeping areas; some also offer kitchenettes

If your room did not offer separate living and sleeping areas, you have a good case for a better refund. Be calm, firm and state the facts as simply as possible. HOTWIRE will need to call the hotel and won 't be able to resolve this immediately, it will take a few days, hence my advice for making the complaint upon check in. I have used HOTWIRE for about 75 bookings over the years and have had maybe 6 problems, all of which were resolved to my satisfaction. I had reservations cancelled and refunded, received partial or even 100% hot Dollars and felt that HOTWIRE was an advocate for me when I had a complaint about a hotel. Well, there was that one time I didn't like receiving the Newark (NJ) Comfort Inn, but it was within the shaded zone, and I lived to tell about it and my car was untouched. :)

Good luck and please let us know the outcome if you choose to re-contact HOTWIRE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]