Priceline Hotel: Waikiki Help 2/3 - 2/9

schander
By schander,
in

Hi,

We're looking to stay on the beach at Waikiki on the above dates.

I have done some searching around on this forum and it looks like that we should be able to get a room for ~$150 per night, this would be our budget.

Although it is flexible given the prices were getting direct from the hotels.

I'm not to fussed about which hotel it is as long as it 4* or above, as I understand this includes the resorts.

What would the best strategy be?

Start at $100 and go up?, not sure about the rebid zones.

Also I just had a look at HOTWIRE using the forum link and there is a 4* on the Waikiki Beach area for $159 per night.

I'm not sure which hotel it could be given that the trip advisor rating is 4/5. I have to admit I'm tempted by this HOTWIRE deal.

All advice is welcome.

Thanks

Satpal

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

We're looking to stay on the beach ...
Does the hotel have to be directly on the beach or if it was across the street and/or had beach access, would this be acceptable?
Also I just had a look at HOTWIRE using the forum link and there is a 4* on the Waikiki Beach area for $159 per night.

I'm not sure which hotel it could be given that the trip advisor rating is 4/5. I have to admit I'm tempted by this HOTWIRE deal.

What are the amenities associated with this property? Are you two guests or do you need more than double occupancy?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

Does the hotel have to be directly on the beach or if it was across the street and/or had beach access, would this be acceptable?

I think the Missus would only be happy if it was directly on the beach.

What are the amenities associated with this property? Are you two guests or do you need more than double occupancy?

The amenities are:

Near Beach

Smoke free rooms

Fitness Centre

Pool

Business Centre

Laundry

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

It also says: Recommended in 75% of customer reviews.

There are just two of us, so we just need double occupancy.

Thanks

Satpal

I think the Missus would only be happy if it was directly on the beach.

Then i would stick with HOTWIRE and choose an offering that shows the Beachfront icon (rather than the Beach Access icon) as this would be the only want to ensure the property you receive is located on the beach.

If you search HOTWIRE does anything appear within your desired star rating, zone and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Then i would stick with HOTWIRE and choose an offering that shows the Beachfront icon (rather than the Beach Access icon) as this would be the only want to ensure the property you receive is located on the beach.

If you search HOTWIRE does anything appear within your desired star rating, zone and budget?

Thanks for the info about the beachfront.

At the moment when I search Hotwire, with the dates only one hotel appears with the beach icon, unfortunately it's a 5* hotel and $402 a night, way over our budget.

I see from HOTWIRE Hotel list Hawaii that it's either the Halekulani or the Royal Hawaiian.

Does this mean that if we were to get a hotel via Priceline in the Waikik Beach Area the hotel could be close to the beach and not on the beach? Overlaying the Priceline map against the Hotels on your Priceline Maps Zone 7 there doesn't seem to be any hotels the would not be on the beach. However i'm very new to this and you folks have been doing it along time.

Once again thanks for the help

Satpal

One example of a hotel near the Beach is the Hyatt Regency which is on the non-beach side of Kalakaua Ave.

Thanks for this info. I think the Missus is going book a hotel directly as she doesn't want to risk it. I know it's going to cost us at least 30% more, however we will be guaranteed to be on the beach.

Once again thanks for all your help. I will be asking more question about our stay in la on the la forum.

Thanks

Satpal

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]