Priceline Hotel: Help Mandalay 7/1 - 7/4

marknau
By marknau,
in

I've got a group of 4 women who are driving to Vegas, wanting to stay in a single room from 7/1 - 7/4. They INSIST upon Mandalay Bay, a restriction which of course ties my hands considerably. What's my strategy here? Grab best available price now, or wait and see? Any recommendations on finding best price? I already use TravelAxe.

I'd like to suggest a third option:

With four people, rather than shoehorning into one room (with one bathroom) :) why not consider this alternative: for $149 per night, you can get a two-bedroom two-bath suite in a newly-opened Residence Inn that is within one mile of the Mandalay Bay.

Free cont. breakfast, free highspeed internet, and the ability to park near your suite. Marriott Rewards points, too :)

I realize you won't get to use the great swimming pool and beach at the MB, but do you really want to do the sardine "thing"?

As they say, YMMV.....

When somebody is 'determined' for the MB i think they'd likely consider a hotel 1 mile away at too far (and in Vegas 1 mile from the strip can be a long mile)

If you're going to try to convince them to stay elsewhere i would lean towards a more affordable 'on strip' property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When somebody is 'determined' for the MB i think they'd likely consider a hotel 1 mile away at too far (and in Vegas 1 mile from the strip can be a long mile)

Thereuare - I understand how strong the "focused mindset" can be :)

I just wanted to present the OP with an alternative to have in his "bag of tricks" when his wife and her friends come to see what *MAY* be the inevitable. It never hurts to be prepared, right?

`

BTW somehow I deleted the name of my suggested hotel in my first post - it's the new Residence Inn on Industrial Road (sounds charming) :)

If you're going to try to convince them to stay elsewhere i would lean towards a more affordable 'on strip' property.

True - I fully understand the desire to be able to just take an elevator and be right in the middle of the action, without having to drive and park the car (not to mention not having to choose a designated driver and all of that)!

I looked at all June, July and August weekend dates on the Mandalay price chart and their Friday-Saturday never go below $219 and in fact most are in the range between $239 and $299 per night. Because there doesn't seem to be anything big on the Convention Calendar, it is probably just strong general bookings (and of course July 2-4 is a three-day federal holiday weekend.

I even checked the boxing calendar at boxingscene.com and didn't see any boxing matches listed for the MB on those dates.

Despite all that, I'm sure we will all keep our eyes and ears open and will post any MB news that we come across.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]