Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Durango Best Western Mountain Shadows

godcan
By godcan,
in

Booked the hotel for a same day stay on Hotwire using the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link:

Hotel

Rate per night: $55.00

Nights: 1

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: $13.09

Subtotal: $68.09

Trip total: $68.09

This hotel features the following amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Pool was closed due to cold weather. It is in a dome, but closed when the weather is extremely cold as it has been this week and last.

Interesting thing about booking this hotel. I tried making a Priceline bid of $50 on first 3.0* and then again on 2.5* hotels and was denied. Checked Expedia and showed the Best Western Shadow Mountain with a 4.0/5.0 rating and a $72 rate. I had the flexibility of staying in either Durango or Pagosa Springs. Priceline didn't have any hotels in Pagosa Springs and Hotwire didn't have anything under $80. After getting the Hotwire price of $55 for one night, I decided to try booking two nights and maybe getting a better rate. Turned out that a two night stay was priced at $57 per night, so I guess I will be buying two one night stays..........

David M. Wilson

Romans 8:28

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]