Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Ka'anapali - Lahaina) Hyatt Regency

Houston11
By Houston11,
in

I booked a trip last week for September 6 - September 10 on priceline for $160 at the Hyatt Regency Maui. I bid initially $160 for a Kaanapali resort based on earlier comments I had seen here, and immediately was accepted (makes me wonder if I overbid). This is the first time I have ever used Priceline, and without the help of this website, I would not have had a clue what to bid. Thanks for such a great website!

Congratulations on your win.

Occaisionally we see this for just a touch less but this is still a HUGE win and substantial savings over conventional rates.

Users often report the 'speed' at which they're accepted but in my opinion this has little to do with whether your bid was too low or too high... lots of other factors (ie- such as credit card verification) can account for fast/slow response times.

Have a great Hawaiin vacation!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

"Users often report the 'speed' at which they're accepted but in my opinion this has little to do with whether your bid was too low or too high... lots of other factors (ie- such as credit card verification) can account for fast/slow response times."

Actually I was just referring to the fact that they accepted my first bid rather than having to rebid. It wasn't so much of a comment about the speed at which they accepted my bid.

I was quite surprised myself when I got the Hyatt at $160, and was actually a little disappointed. I prefer the beach and snorkeling at the Sheraton. Having used Hotwire two years ago to get the Sheraton Maui Resort ($156 a night), I was expecting to get the Sheraton for that price. I booked the back end of our Maui trip on Priceline first to see if I could get the Sheraton cheaper than Hotwire's $232 a night. Because I got the Hyatt on Priceline, I actually ended up paying more on Hotwire to ensure I got the Sheraton. I guess that's all part of the game.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]