HNL Honolulu Midsize National

renataufm
By renataufm,
in

The daily rate I am paying is is pretty much 50% off of published daily rates for this period (including offers through Costco), and $4/day less than the daily rate at Hotwire. But the total cost for the whole rental period is only about $5 less than the total what I would pay if I closed the deal with Hotwire (Priceline fees are so much higher than Hotwire! That is why I added the TOTAL to the subject line - $148.52). So, I am happy with the daily rate result for a 4-day *midweek* rental, but wish Priceline was softer on their fees (They do disclose it all before you commit to the deal, so you can compare with Hotwire each time you are about to click the "buy" button, and I did that - Do NOT look only into the daily rates, look at both totals!).

I have been trying this for a couple of months now. Started trying $15 for compact, $17 for mid-size and, $19 for standard for this trip unsuccessfully (got $15/day for a compact week rental in Kona for 4/15 - 4/21 about a month ago and ended up upgrading to mid-size for $19/day after the fact as we decided a compact won't cut it with our two boys and all the baby gear we will need). Lately I tried around $21 for mid-size several times without luck. Earlier this week went up to $23 as it was my limit for a mid-size (more than that I was better off with Hotwire) and had no luck. But today I got a reminder from Priceline to try again, and it worked. After the purchase i was offered an upgrade to standard size for $6/day and passed on that.

As everyone, I always wonder, what if I had offered $21 again, or $22, but in such a short rental (4 days) I would be saving another $4 or $8 compared to the $70-$115 that I am saving now (depending to what site you compare)... So, gotta be overall very happy. :)

Good luck on your travel planning!

Renata.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]