Hotwire Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Not available :(

springflowers
By springflowers,
in

I don't see any listings currently on Hotwire that list the amenities others have posted to identify the Sheraton :) . Since it is not listed at this time I assume no more rooms available via Hotwire at this time but do you know if they could be available again and how often should I check? I will be traveling 2/26/11-3/03/11. Any help with this or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) ?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone... the hotel with the lowest price is the one offered. Inventory can, and does, change frequently but there is no telling if this property will be offered or not at a later date. Currently there is no opaque inventory offered at the 4* level for these dates so i'm assuming that this is a busy time in the area.

What is your expected budget per nite? Is the Sheraton the only hotel you're willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

@thereuare thank you for the speedy reply. My lodging budget range for this trip is $130-$160. My dates are not flexible but willing to adjust the star rating even though prefer 4 star and up. Did like a few other properties but they were out of my price range. The Sheraton did have the look and ever amenity we were looking for. This is my 1st trip to the island and we want to enjoy a full hawaiian experience. One of our must-haves is that it be located on the beach with amazing views. I can't thank you enough how much I love this site....no one likes to shop blindly especially if you have never been somewhere before. I have used PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in the past but I didn't know about your services at the time. I will definately book my trip through your BetterBidding site links because you provide us with a free service that is priceless and you deserve you deserve the credit.

For all who are viewing this site and not registered yet I would suggest you register and also book your trips via their links because this is an amazing serive :) with execellent customer service.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i won on priceline the sheraton waikiki for march 1 to march 9 for $131 on priceline. my stay is from february 22 to march 9, but i was unable to get the sheraton during the february portion of my stay. i think the sheraton was $157 per night on HOTWIRE for my dates at the time i booked. i realize that inventory and offers change, but thought i'd share just in case this info can help you at all.

One of our must-haves is that it be located on the beach with amazing views.

While you may be able to guarnatee a Beachfront location with HOTWIRE, there is no assurance that you'll be able to get an ocean view room (if that's the review you were referring to... and not necessarily from the beach itself)

So is your current game plan to wait it out and hope for different inventory to appear in the days ahead?

Thanks for kind words and for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... it's appreciated :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While you may be able to guarnatee a Beachfront location with HOTWIRE, there is no assurance that you'll be able to get an ocean view room (if that's the review you were referring to... and not necessarily from the beach itself)

So is your current game plan to wait it out and hope for different inventory to appear in the days ahead?

Thanks for kind words and for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... it's appreciated :)

@thereuare the game plan is we really want an oceanview and would prefer for it to be located on the beach but if not we are willing to sacrifie for amazing views. Also there are 4 of us traveling and we would like 1 room with 2 double beds. What do you think our odds are of finding a property with this budget?

It's still not clear to me... are you looking for a room with a view OR that the beach that the hotel is located on to have a nice view?

We would like to stay at a hotel located on the beach with a nice view is are 1st choice. But if we can't get that we don't mind staying at a hotel walking distance to the beach but must have a nice view also 2nd choice. Not willing to sacrife not having nice view on either property. :)

According to the Priceline Hotel List the only 4* listed is the Westen Moana Surfrider. Is this still the case? If so I would like to start bidding but I'm not willing to decrease the star rating or choose "Resort" because of the possibility of getting the Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach. Out of the 5 resorts listed 3 of the 5 I don't mind staying but we do not want the OWOTB and Marriott Beach. Can you confirm if I bid on this 4* in the Waikiki beach area since (that is the only choice on the list) I could potentially be safe that I will get the Westin? Also, what is the possibility of Priceline giving me a resort instead of the 4*.....has that ever happened?

A nice view of the ocean from our room.

from my experience with HOTWIRE and PRICELINE buys, you're likely to get the least desirable view category in the hotel (city view if you're lucky, a view of the back alley/air conditioning unit if you're not). no big deal if you're willing to roll the dice and and try to tip (read: bribe) the front desk agent who checks you in, or pay for an upgrade if available when you get there. if you're not comfortable with rolling the dice on your room view, i'd book at a cheaper hotel directly and pay for the upgraded room view category. just my opinion though, other people's mileage may vary!

A nice view of the ocean from our room.

You'll need to book thru non-opaque sources and book an ocean view room category. While you may get lucky and get an oceanview room from a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservation, there is no way to assure that this is the room type/class you will receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or we have also have links in our support page to Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc. as well as most of the major hotel chains... please use the links there whenever possible.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

You posted regarding the Westin before my previous reply above, given my post, are you willing to forgo the Oceanview room?

There are other issues with you bidding for this stay...

While the Westin may be the only 4* hotel reported to the board there could always be others and you could be the first to report a new hotel to the board. As well, one of the previously reported Resort class properties could have been downgraded to the 4* level and not yet reported as such. Lastly, the star rating you choose is the minimum you're willing to accept... your 4* bid could always be upgraded to a Resort class property in the zone (possibly one of the hotels you're not interested in staying in)

Remember, the opaque providers are for guests who are flexible in their plans... not for those are only want a specific hotel, or avoiding a particular property, or require a specific room type. This is what you give up in exchange for a deep discount :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

You posted regarding the Westin before my previous reply above, given my post, are you willing to forgo the Oceanview room?

There are other issues with you bidding for this stay...

While the Westin may be the only 4* hotel reported to the board there could always be others and you could be the first to report a new hotel to the board. As well, one of the previously reported Resort class properties could have been downgraded to the 4* level and not yet reported as such. Lastly, the star rating you choose is the minimum you're willing to accept... your 4* bid could always be upgraded to a Resort class property in the zone (possibly one of the hotels you're not interested in staying in)

Remember, the opaque providers are for guests who are flexible in their plans... not for those are only want a specific hotel, or avoiding a particular property, or require a specific room type. This is what you give up in exchange for a deep discount :)

@thereuare this was extremely helpful and informative. I totally understand now. Thank you so much you have completely answered all my questions. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]