Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Alexandria - Pentagon) Hilton Alexandria MC

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

I ofthen got this hotel at this price; it may sounds low but it is a great hotel. When I was lucky, I got a room can see Washington Monument from my window, and remember do NOT tell them you have a car, or they will charge you $8 parking fee. In fact, with your guest room key, you can always park you car at the parking deck ... I guess they just want to make PL guest pay extra... $34 is minumum I got, I never got lower than this, and I did global bid on all Washington DC area 3*...

This is my favorite first stop heading down to FL ...

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Would be the Alexandria/Pentagon zone.

Wow, I'm fascinated by this one as this hotel has been completely off my radar. What a great deal for April - or anytime for that matter. They must have a two night minimum because they're showing sold out on hilton.com for 4/18, but 4/18-20 is $299/night!

This looks like a great place for those on a budget who also either have a car or wouldn't mind shuttling to the Metro. Not exactly an ideal location for tourists (they're trying to make it seem like it's much closer to historic Old Town Alexandria than it is), but for that price it's well worth considering. Thanks for posting this!

• 1 month later...
I ofthen got this hotel at this price; it may sounds low but it is a great hotel. When I was lucky, I got a room can see Washington Monument from my window, and remember do NOT tell them you have a car, or they will charge you $8 parking fee. In fact, with your guest room key, you can always park you car at the parking deck ... I guess they just want to make PL guest pay extra... $34 is minumum I got, I never got lower than this, and I did global bid on all Washington DC area 3*...

This is my favorite first stop heading down to FL ...

So where did you park your car before check-in? Will they ask you if you have a car? I check theire website, it says parking fee is $13/day. Thanks.

In almost all hotels, I always stop my car right at the door and go check in and decide where to park my car base on the closest door of my room; some hotels have doorman, and I just asked them to watch my car while I checked in. So, for Hilton Mark Center, I did the same thing.

The only time I made a mistake with this Hilton was the first time, I asked "where do I park the car?" Since I asked, they charged me for $8. Later, I found out I did not need to pay since the guest room key can always open the parking deck gate. There is no gate person to collect ticket or ticket machine what so ever.

So, if you do not ask where to park, they will not ask you if you have car since many guest come to this hotel from shuttle, sometimes a big bus as I saw.

For all other hotels like Hyatt, Marriott, Wyndhem ...etc, if the hotel charges parking fee, there is always a gate and booth at parking deck to collect money, and pay at front desk is just a convenient way to pay, or sometimes, you have unlimited in an outs, but this Hilton Mark Center just did not have the booth at parking.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]