Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field

jawkurt
By jawkurt,
in

I'm taking my fiance to Buddy Guys Legends in Chicago on January 7th. I'm trying to find a hotel in the area with a pool and hot tub. I would prefer to stay at the Palmer House Hilton because I have before through priceline and I liked it a lot... but there is also a Hilton on Michigan and congress that is very close and has a pool too.

When I search HOTWIRE I get a result I think may be that Hilton. Heres the description:

4* $79 Museum Campus - McCormick Place Soldier Field

Amenities: Fitness Center, Pools, Restaurants, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access

I'd be okay with that price is it turns out to be the Hilton. I don't want to rely on the amenities listed to find a pool because some are outdoor and its winter. Does anyone know if this is in fact the Hilton or even how I can find the Palmer House Hilton on Hotwire?

If it matters the address of the venue I typed in is 700 S. Wabash Chicago IL and the listing I posted is the first that comes up for distance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The amenities above match both the Hilton and the Hyatt so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

The Palmer House Hilton is in HOTWIRE's Loop zone... is there a 4* hotel appearing in the Loop zone within your budget when you do a HOTWIRE search for your dates? If so, what are the amenities associated with this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches too!)... please click this HOTWIRE link before replying.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey, no there is a 3* in the loop listed with a pool but no 4*. Do you think it would be the Hyatt McCormick Place since thats closer to the address I put in? There is a 1000 person convention there. I do think the Hilton is the closest hotel to Buddy Guys actually. Its about a block away... do you think that listing coming up first in the distance organization means its the Hilton?

When using the distance feature on HOTWIRE, the distance is from the center of the zone. A thousand person convention is sizable for a particular hotel, but people may be staying elsewhere in the Loop, and January is not a time period where there's going to be many other tourists in the city at all so the Hilton and Hyatt would be possibilities.

Personally, I'd recommend another direction - the Embassy Suites Lakefront is $87 for these dates. That's a very nice Embassy Suites property a few blocks East of Michigan Ave. It would put you further away from Buddy Guy's, but it's in a really nice area, it would offer a larger space, evening reception and free breakfast. They also do have a pool.

You would then have to either take a cab or transit to Buddy Guy's, but I think if you are going to be walking around a bit, there's really nothing much by the Hilton and the Hyatt's really in the middle of nowhere far South of the Loop. At least with the Embassy, you're right near Michigan Ave and there's a number of restaurants nearby.

If you search on HOTWIRE for 2 adults/2 children, there is a 4* in the NMA/Water Tower/Gold Coast area with fitness, pool, restaurant, internet, business, spa for $86. That would be a possible match for the W Lakeshore. That hotel is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you are looking for a trendy boutique, it's a few blocks away from the Embassy.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Okay, I thought maybe the radius was different if you put in a street address.

The main thing about the Hilton is I know theres an indoor pool/hot tub... thats our main concern. Do you know if the Embassy and W have an indoor one? We'll be eating at Buddy Guys too and get downtown enough that we don't care to much about the other stuff except maybe a good bar in the hotel.

Hey actually it says .2 to 2 miles from search location and comes up first in the distance organization. If I do just chicago the results will say from city center not search location. So it appears that its that distance from buddy guys... which is the address I used. Also went up 4 dollars

The ES does have indoor pool/whirlpool and the W has a nice indoor pool although I don't believe it has a hot tub.

The 4* Museum Campus could be the Hyatt or Hilton; unfortunately, aside from the Palmer House and Hilton, there really aren't any hotels with pools in the core of the Loop area or in the South Loop - there are more hotels with pools to the North of the river.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]