Hotwire Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

traceyh
By traceyh,
in

Can someone please help me id these 2 hotels?

4* Waikiki Beach $164.00/night 02/07/2011 - 02/11/2011

Recommended in 75 % of Hotwire customer reviews

This hotel features the following amenities:

Near Beach - Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach.

Smoke Free Rooms - Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center - Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s) - Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Business Center - Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities - <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access - Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby - Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Tennis Nearby - Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

4* Waikiki Beach $139.00/night 02/07/2011 - 02/09/2011

Recommended in 90 % of Hotwire customer reviews

This hotel features the following amenities:

Resort - Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged. Beachfront - Property is located on the beach.

Smoke Free Rooms - Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center -Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s) - Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s) - Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center - Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities - <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access - Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Children's Activity Program - Property offers supervised programs, events or activities for younger guests; an additional charge may apply.

Thank you!

The 2nd one was the Sheraton Waikiki, which I had figured out from reading previous posts, so I wasn't surprised at the result.

I think the first may be the Waikiki Parc ... which I don't think I want since they get some very bad reviews and it's more expensive than the Sheraton. Do you think I am correct about it being the Parc?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

My guess for the first holding would be the Parc. Just to confirm, did you purchase the second and it was the Sheraton?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, I did book the second and it was the Sheraton. I booked the Sheraton thru Priceline a few months ago for 2/03/11-2/07/11 for $145, now got the Sheraton thru Hotwire for 2/07/11-2/09/11 for $139. I just have 2 nights left to book now. But I don't want the Parc so I'll go back to trying Priceline.

Thanks for your help.

Congrats on your success.

Excellent deal for this Sheraton property!

Can you also post your additional PRICELINE win for 2/3-7 as another thread? Thank you.

Please let us know what you decide for the additional 2 nights and if you have any questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I've been trying to get Turtle Bay and JWMarriot on Priceline since November, going as high as $230. I had been quoted $259 per day in November when I contacted Turtle Bay reservations at the hotel. Today I called again and booked directly, and by paying up front, with a non-refundable AAA rate, I got $219 per night + resort fee of $25 per day. I had hoped to get it much cheaper, since seeing others got it at $203, but c

The 2nd one was the Sheraton Waikiki, which I had figured out from reading previous posts, so I wasn't surprised at the result.

I think the first may be the Waikiki Parc ... which I don't think I want since they get some very bad reviews and it's more expensive than the Sheraton. Do you think I am correct about it being the Parc?

I'm not sure why you assumed that the second was the Sheraton? When I check the amenities on Priceline I see that the Sheraton hotel has "babysitting services" and not Children Activities. However, the Hilton Hawaiian Village seems like a better match because it is a resort and has actual Children Activities. This may be a subtlety but there's a huge difference between simply providing a babysitter (which I assume the Sheraton does) as opposed to having "Penguin clubs" etc which have day long programs for children. Of course, you were right in your assumption since you got the Sheraton but I'm curious as to why it worked out that way?

When I check the amenities on Priceline I see that the Sheraton hotel has "babysitting services" and not Children Activities.

I think you're reading into this too much... and PRICELINE doesn't use the same amenities and/or definitions for hotels, so you can't really cross-reference the services in the manner in which you are.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]