PA Harrisburg-York Best Western Inn and Suites Harrisburg

amywong
By amywong,
in

I won a bid for $35.00 to stay at the Best Western Harrisburg Airport Inn and Suites, 815 S. Eisenhower Blvd, on December 18, 2010. What seemed like a great deal has cost me several hundred dollars, and that's if I managed to keep the bed bugs out of my house. This hotel has bed bugs; however, they claimed my bed bug (captured live and brought down to the front desk) was the first reported. Keep in mind this was approximately a stage 4 bed bug...quite big. Still I gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking perhaps another traveler brought the bug into the room. I moved to another room, several hours later two more bed bugs crawled across the headboard of the bed my children were now sound asleep in. When I reported this incident to the late night employee, she told me there was no report of the first incident from earlier that evening. Meaning they likely will just place another unsuspecting traveler in an affected room. Total disregard for the families that stay in their hotel!

Management still has not replied to the filed incident report or my request that he contact me first thing Monday morning, December 20, 2010. Do not stay at this hotel or bid in this zone if this hotel is included. Recommend checking a bed bug reporting site before bidding on any zone. Trust me, this was no deal!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]