LAS Las Vegas Fullsize Alamo

addies
By addies,
in

dont think this is as good a deal as advertised...but here it is anyways. PRICELINE offered me $4 a day (max $20) to add to my bid. had to do it by 12/26/10.

i booked this on 12/25/10

Alamo Car Rental

Offer Price Summary

Bonus Cash Per Day: $4.00 (per day)

Your Offer Price Per Day: $12.00 (per day)

Total Offer Price with Bonus: $16.00 (per day)

Your Offer Price: $12.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 3 days

Subtotal: $36.00

Taxes and Fees: $43.15

Total Charges: $79.15

Lowest Published Price: $91.85

Total Savings:* $12.70 (You saved 14%)

as a comparison I posted what priceline was offering for an alamo fullsize rental at the same time (see below how they make up for the lower rate by tacking on fees. so my $4 discount and lower rate should have saved me about $21 but I only saved $12.

Summary Of Charges

An estimate of your rental car reservation is shown below. Prices may vary depending on special requests and items purchased at the counter.

Estimated Rental car charges

Daily Rate (3 x $19.15) $57.45

Subtotal: $57.45

Taxes and Fees: $34.40

Amount due at pick-up: $91.85

• 2 weeks later...

ALAMO IS THE BEST!!!

Date of rental:

Monday Jan 3, 2011

thru

Thursday Jan 6, 2011

Just as everyone on YELP said. Since they don't pick the car for you at the counter, it takes about 5 minutes to get you out to pick your car. I also booked thru priceline. Alamo & National are combined. So you get to choose from either company's cars.

Then the guy in the car lot points to the row of full-size cars I could choose from and said if I don't like any of those I could choose a mid-size or standard SUV. Probably because they were low on full-sizes and had plenty of mid and standard SUVs. I really like that you get to choose for yourself because you get to see for yourself what they have. With other rental car companies I think they are just reserving the nicer cars for their frequent customers.

And I ended up getting to choose an SUV upgrade. Ended up getting a black 2009 KIA Borrego 7-seater with chrome rims and leather interior.

Just a note: You will not be marking a form that notes any damage to the car. So check the car, and you'll probably have to tell the guy that lets you out of the gate if there is something you wanted documented. When we called and asked, the operator told us to call back if we noticed anything. There were just minor marks (no major damage or dings) so we didn't bother calling back.

If you're wondering how much gas the KIA Borrego used.

Just for info at about 3.08 per gallon (Chevron at Tropicana) it cost me $33 for just over half a tank (used this driving 72 hours). I drove to downtown each day (sometimes twice) and went back frequently to my hotel near the Hard Rock Hotel

Checkout was also a great experience. Everyone was so friendly.

They have a 29 minute grace period. I made the mistake of thinking my return time is when I left the counter but when they rung up the return I saw that it was 20 minutes later (when I left their lot) but I didn't know what time that was since they don't give you a receipt.

So instead of a Chevy Impala, we were really riding in luxury. Don't laugh, when you see this KIA, you won't be able to tell it is a KIA at first.

Best rental car experience I've ever had from top to bottom.

In summary:

Fastest counter experience

Best car selection process

Most friendly service

No pushy options & insurance at the counter

Best overall customer service

Fast checkout service (all rental checkouts seem to be fast)

Great price (it was about the same price on their own website as priceline)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]