Priceline Hotel: 3* Montreal Maritime Plaza

momopeach
By momopeach,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline newbie here... I want to get the best value out of my stay

In light of the above i'd like to offer a suggestion before bidding...

Since you're new to PRICELINE, i'd suggest trying for a 4* first up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5, then if rejected try for the 3*. I wouldn't expect the price difference between these star ratings to be that great, and if you should get lucky and land a 3.5* or 4* for $65 or under it would likely be a VERY good deal and a better value (imo) for not much more than a 3* property. As well, bidding the 4* level (or 3.5*) gives you re-bid opportunities to see how you can really zero in on a great deal and the power of PRICELINE.

Ultimately it's your stay and budget, so we'll proceed however you'd like, so let us know and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It would be great to get a 3.5* for $65 if possible. In the end, I'm trying to get the best value for under $65, but if we end up with a 3*, then of course I would want to spend the least possible.

Are you suggesting that I should try to bid $65 for a 4* first, and then, if rejected, bid $65 again for a 3.5*, and if not, then try to work with the 3*s?

Although I'm looking for value, I'm not willing to spend more than $65 a night (before taxes/surcharges)

I am looking for nearly the same dates (Dec. 27-29) and just tried a 3star bid at $50/night which was rejected by Priceline. They did offer me a 3star for $65/night which means the $60 bid would have a good chance of being accepted. I am never in a hurry to book a room so in another 24 hours I will bid in the mid 50s.

Whenever Priceline gives a counter offer, your bid is very close to the magical minumum price they will accept.

This is how i would proceed...

At the 3.5* and 4* levels in Montreal you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. zones

Select 4* Montreal...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected use this link to re-access PRICELINE and try again as follows...

Select 3.5* Montreal...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Let's start with the above and if rejected we'll take it from there... feel free to ask any questions you may have (especially regarding re-bidding and confirming your re-bid zones with the board)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

All the bids listed above were rejected. I used the links at the top of the page to access priceline.

3 re-bid zones, Laval, Longueuil, and Pointe Clair were used since they only had up to 3* hotels.

Not sure how to proceed from here with regards to the 3* hotel strategy. Your input is much appreciated!

If it's been 24 hours since your last bid, i would re-try both of the above 4* and 3.5* bidding... if that is rejected try (if it's been less than 24 hours since your last rejected bid just proceed with the 3* bid below):

Select 3* Montreal...

Bid $55

If this is rejected, wait 24 hours and retry:

1) the 4* bidding above

2) the 3.5* bidding above

3) 3* bidding at $60

1) the 4* bidding above

3) 3* bidding at $63

1) the 4* bidding above

3) 3* bidding at $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bid 4* for 12/28/2010-12/30/2010

...at $50, rejected

...up to $65 with rebid zones, rejected

Bid 3.5* for 12/28/2010-12/30/2010

...at $55, rejected

...up to $65 with rebid zones, rejected

Bid 4* for 12/29/2010-12/31/2010

same as above, rejected

Bid 3.5* for 12/29/2010-12/31/2010

same as above, rejected

Bid 3* for 12/28/2010-12/30/2010 (no rebid zones here...)

...at $55, ACCEPTED! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]