Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (North County Coastal) Grand Pacific Palisades

Kozachka
By Kozachka,
in

I started by reviewing Tripadvisor reviews and hotel prices on regular travel websites such as Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt etc. Then I checked what others have paid for Priceline hotel reservations in San Diego area for the week of my trip.

Armed with this information I clicked on PRICELINE link at the top of the page and placed $60 bid for a 3.5 hotel in North County Coastal area. It was rejected. I added an area with no 3.5 hotels and bid $65. It was rejected. I restarted my search from betterbidding.com page utilizing PRICELINE link, and added another area with no 3.5 hotels and bid $70. I was offered to increase my bid by $20 to $90. I knew I am getting close to my offer being accepted, so I proceeded further by increasing my bid by $1. I restarted my search from betterbidding.com page utilizing PRICELINE link several times. I was offered to increase my bid by $20 when I bid $71, $72, $73 and $74. My bid was finally accepted by Grand Pacific Palisades at $75. The cheapest I could have booked this hotel elsewhere was $114 plus tax, so I saved about $80 for a 2 day stay, and had fun doing it.

I knew going into this process that I would most likely end up with Grand Pacific Palisades. I have read hotel reviews and would have been OK with this outcome (Sheraton would have been a bonus). I also knew that I would most likely end up paying $75. And that's what happened. Thank you for helping me make an informed decision.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]