Grand Canyon hotels

iahphx
By iahphx,
in

Anyone headed to the Grand Canyon should probably avoid priceline and book directly with the "in park" lodging, whose prices are regulated by the NPS and are generally a better value than the less convenient motels outside the park. Look at grandcanyonlodges.com for info, but then call Xantera's toll free res line, as that has more complete inventory.

I'd personally recommend a cabin at the Bright Angel Lodge or, if those aren't available, a regular room at the Bright Angel Lodge. Folks seem to be "afraid" of the rooms without private bath, so they seem to go last. I'd rather have the private bath, too (and would gladly pay the differential), but at 50 bucks without bath (the rooms do have sinks), the atmospheric cheapo rooms are a steal to be 50 feet from the rim. And the shower facilities are decent.

If Bright Angel is not available, the room rates seem to start at about $100 for more modern, but far less atmospheric, accomodations (the El Tovar, which is also atmospheric, is overpriced IMHO). For $100, I'd make sure I was at least on the rim.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]