Priceline Hotel: 3.5* or more (resort) in San Juan Area

masterchris_99
By masterchris_99,
in

Hello,

since months I try to get a Hotel or Resort in San Juan.

I go up to 130$ for a resort in this time.

Sun, Jan 30 to Sat, Feb 5 next year.

Now it is only a month in the feauture and thats why I agree with a lower rating like 3.5*

In HOTWIRE the cheapest 3.5* hotel costs 141$

what can I do to get as fast as possible a hotel? My private limit is 140 + Tax per Night. This should round about 1000$ for 6 Nights?

regards Chris

Chris,

Have you been bidding ONLY at the resort level so far? If so, you might try the 4* level before dropping to the 3 1/2* level.

On the retail (non-biding) side of Priceline the Sheraton Old San Juan 3 1/2* is $140.

Another option would be to split your bid into two sets of days - Sun, Jan 30 to Tues, Feb 1 and Wed, Feb 2 to Sat, Feb 5 as an example. There is no guarantee you will get the same hotel, so you have to be willing to move if you do this.

San Juan hotels at the higher star levels seem to usually add on a "resort" charge/fee. This is not included in your bid, so you need to be aware of it for your budget.

Romelle

masterchris_99,

Please clarify how you'd like to proceed (4* or 3.5*... or bid higher, at least up to your $140 limit, for a Resort) for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Chris,

based on recent posts, it seems that the Caribe Hilton is putting a bunch of rooms up that are being won for $90 to $100, I would retry your bid for your dates on PRICELINE using the link here, and start bidding at $90 and go up in $2-3 dollar increments using the rebidding zones for your dates. Choose the resort level only, you very well may hit, if this resort interests you. Good luck!

rpmelch

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]