Priceline Hotel: 4*/Resort - Maui (Kaanapali) - Suggestions?

hoosier
By hoosier,
in

I've been tracking the posts for cestbonne's April 6th topic which is similar to mine, but I wanted to post my failed attempts and see if anyone had thoughts on what I should do.

I definitely want a resort in the Kaanapali area and I failed to get any bites with 12 different bids tonight. I started at $150 and incremented to $215 by $5 and $10 increments. I did this by changing my dates by a day or two and also by adding the two other Maui areas that didn't have resorts (thanks for that tip!!).

Based on some research I've done, July is busier than spring and fall but I anticipated getting something at $215. Does Priceline's algorithim figure in the length of time between my bids to assess my urgency or could it just be that hotels are confident they'll be solidly booked that time of year? Any suggestions on what I should do (e.g. wait until closer to July to bid)?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I attempted to break the trip up and still no bites:

7/17-7/22 (Sun-Fri) - My Bids: $170, $190, $200 --- (Pricelines Median was $270)

7/18-7/22 (Sun-Fri) - My Bids: $170, $190, $200 --- (Pricelines Median was $370)

7/13-7/19 (Wed-Sat) - My Bids: $160, $185, $200 --- (Pricelines Median was $355)

I haven't totally lost hope yet, but it's looking like I'm going to end up spending more than I originally anticipated. The dates I anticipate being in Maui are 7/13-7/22 and I don't mind staying two different places.

Thanks for the feedback!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]