Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Islington-Shoreditch-Bethnal Green) Hilton Islington

rayh
By rayh,
in

I am also looking for help to identify the 4* Kensington - Earls Court area property (same property that Valencia was trying to identify):

- 4* - Smoke Free; Fitness; Restaurant; Laundry; High-speed Internet Access

Also need help in identifying a 3 1/2* Kensington - Earls Court area property:

- 3 1/2 * - Fitness; Restaurant; Business Center; High-speed Internet Access

Not sure if the 3 1/2 * property is the Hilton Olympia or Holiday Inn Kensington Forum?

Thanks for your help, Rayh

A property with the amenities of the 4* has not yet been reported to the board.

As of last reports the Hilton Olympia and the Holiday Inn Kensington Fourm are 4* rated by HOTWIRE, so unless they have been downgraded to the 3.5* leve, these wouldn't be the property you're seeing above. These amenities are common to hotels in the area, and the Corthorne Tara, Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt, and Regency Hotel Queens Gate have all been seen at the 3.5* level with this combination, so any of these would be my best guess (although there could easily be others given the common-ness of these amenities)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The HOTWIRE data you reference above changes frequently, and some may even change slightly from search-to-search for the same hotel, so these are not reliable indicators in helping to ID properties.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then edit the topic title accordingly to reflect your win and move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

In trying to identify the 4* Kensington-Earl's Court proerty with - Smoke Free; Fitness; Restaurant; Laundry; High-speed Internet Access - I found that the the Crowne Plaza Hotel LONDON-KENSINGTON is a Smoke Free property ... but has no mention of Laundry services. The description on the list of hotels should be updated to include 'Smoke Free' .... current listing:

4* Crowne Plaza

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

The hotel list contains the descriptions of wins reported to the board... not necessarily all the amenities a hotel offers. For example, most hotels (in the US at least) now offer Hi-Speed Internet access, but there are still many that don't show this amenity icon in their HOTWIRE description.

The $80 priceline win you're referring to was purchased over 2 months ago back in October and it would appear that rate is no longer available.

You still do have plenty of time, but what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

How much do you like the Crowne Plaza St James and how well would this work for your plans? How well do other parts of the zone (or the Westminster zone) work/don't work for your needs this trip and how important is location and/or amenities for this stay?

The price dropped to $141 for a couple of days and then returned to $149 ....

This sounds like normal HOTWIRE price fluctuation and not necessarily a change in underlying demand, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches too!)

Keep us udpated and let us know if we can be of further help down the road.

If this a typical price fluctuation, it sounds like there is a good chance that the price will come down again? The price for each of the days is at $144 .. with the 3 day price moving to $150.

I still haven't been able to identify the 2 Kensington - Earls Court area properties: 4* - Smoke Free; Fitness; Restaurant; Laundry; High-speed Internet Access - Recommended in 85 % of Hotwire customer reviews; and 3.5* - Fitness; Restaurant; Business Center; High-speed Internet Access - We are still gathering reviews for this property.

Besides continuing to monitor this site and hope that someone reports and identifies one or both of the properties, is there anything else that I can do to try to identify those properties?

Yes, the price of the 4* could come back down... or it could disappear entirely. If you like a given property offered, and it's a significant savings vs. a conventional booking, i'd just take it and not hold-out to save an extra $3/nite... it's not worth the risk that the hotel disappears entirely, imo.

For the other properties, there are no amenities shown which are unique to the area, so for example, looking for a 3.5* property which has a Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center and offers Hi-Speed Internet will yield such a large number of potential properties that i don't think the exercise would provide much insight.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

• 4 weeks later...

It's amazing how quickly options can come and go ... when I first started looking in mid December, I was considering two Kensington - Earls Court area properties ... 1 was a 4* Smoke Free; Fitness; Restaurant; Laundry; High-speed Internet Access (turned out to be the Nh Harrington Hall) and the other a 3 1/2* Fitness; Restaurant; Business Center; High-speed Internet Access (never identified). Both those disappeared and I then was looking at a 4* Westminster property (Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Hi-speed Internet, Spa - probably the Crowne Plaza St James) which was priced around $150/night that is now up to $193/night.

My best Hotwire options now are a 4* Islington-Shoreditch-Bethnal Green area property (Restaurant, Business Center, Hi-speed Internet at $116 + VAT/fees -- probably the Hilton Islington?) or a 3* Kensington-Earls Court area property (Complimentary Breakfast, Hi-Speed Internet Access at $88 +VAT/fees -- probably the Holiday Inn Express at Earls Court?). Both are great rates .. both are 5+ minute walk to the nearest tube.

By waiting, I'm sure things will change again .... maybe I can do better, then again, maybe not.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]