Priceline Hotel: 2* Chicago Suburbs (Willowbrook) Baymont Inn

Canes98
By Canes98,
in

I noticed that no hotels have been reported in the Willowbrook zone of the Chicago Suburbs, which presently only offers 2* and 1* bidding. I should be able to report a 2* hotel soon.

I have been bidding for a 2* in Willowbrook over the past few weeks. I started at $25, was rejected, then was rejected 3 days later at $28. When I was able to next bid, my $30 bid got a counteroffer to add $8. I once again waited, and when I bid $31 today, Priceline once again counteroffered asking me to add $8. So, I will keep adding one dollar, and assuming the rates don

$33 was rejected, with no counteroffer.

Pretty stingy 2* hotel(s) in this zone. I will keep raising by $1 every three days. Not only do I want to beat the conventional price I currently have, I want to get this hotel paid for now, as at the time of my stay I'll be shelling out enough money between a rent a car and costs associated with the wedding I'm going to. Easier on the budget to pay this month versus next month.

Just a suggestion, but have you thought about bidding on a 3* in the Oak Brook/Downers Grove area instead? It's not too far north of the area you are looking at and, in my opinion, many of the hotels are nicer. We had an event to attend in Hinsdale last Saturday (4/9) and none of the motels in Willowbrook appealed to us - so we decided to bid $35 on 3* for Oak Brook and got the Hyatt Lodge on our first try (the prevailing rate on Hyatt.com was $99.) This hotel was AMAZING (so much so I'm almost afraid to rave about it online for fear it will get too popular!) The drive to Hinsdale was barely 5 minutes as the hotel is south of the Oak Brook mall. Please note that I just discovered this website a few days ago; that's why I didn't post my win. Anyway, I see that this hotel is currently showing on Hotwire for May 7th at $58 (I liked it so much I sought out this website and used it to figure out exactly which hotel it was on Hotwire!) So it would seem that the hotel has discounted rooms available that night - might want to try that 3*bid for Oak Brook in the same range you've been using for 2* Willowbrook. Worst case scenario is you end up at another 3* property in Oak Brook and have to drive another few minutes. If you end up with the Lodge, I think you'll be quite happy. A more experienced user might want to comment on this strategy...I admit to being a pretty regular Hotwire customer, but have only used Priceline twice and am still a bit of a novice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]