Priceline Hotel: Oahu, Non-Waikiki Resort Help

youallmad
By youallmad,
in

Got 5 nights in Oahu and was only able to get 3 nights with Hotwire in Waikiki (see HOTWIRE post). With my remaining days I was wondering about the resorts on the other parts of the Island.

I see Turtle Bay is an option, has the lowest price accepted in a bid been $170? should I start there?

I also see the JW Marriott resort in the Ihilani area as an option. It does not appear anyone has gotten that hotel for some time if at all. Any idea for pricing on that resort? Can anyone recommend that resort?

Thanks in advance.

ANything under $200 bills and I would be happy.

The JW Marriott Ihilani in Ko'Olina is very nice - frankly, I think it's the nicest place on Oahu, and I tend to spend time there when I am on Oahu - even though I've never stayed there, but I don't think i've ever seen it come up on Priceline for under $200. They seem to market heavily in Asia, and do a pretty good job of selling the place out. If you tried to book the place directly, their advance purchase rates start at $289 a night, while their cancellable rates start at $359 a night.

I would expect that there's a resort fee in the ~$25 a night range on top of that. Also, be advised that there are two different Marriott operations in Ihilani/Ko'Olina. There is the JW Marriott, and there is the Marriott Ocean Club resort, which is a big, sprawling place about a half mile further down the road. I suspect that is more likely to come up on Priceline than the JW Marriott, although I'm just guessing here.

They are both quite nice, but the Marriott Ocean Club is timeshares, and it's crawling with families with kids, while the JW Marriott is mostly adults, and as I said, their clientele skews Asian because they market it there heavily.

BTW, you can probably get the Marriott Ocean Club in Ko'Olina for $700 for 5 nights if you agree to take a timeshare presentation and you qualify as a potential timeshare customer.

Thanks for the advice, not really into a timeshare presentation and after booking the Sheraton with HOTWIRE, I only have 2 nights.

Still debating on my game plan for those 2 nights. If I want Turtle Bay or the JW Marriot do you think I could safely go this route:

Bid $180 North Shore area Resort

Bid $190 and add Ihilani area Resort

Bid $200 and add (non resort area (I.E.Airport) in hopes to get the JW or Turtle Bay?

I will be bidding in the coming month and will use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and report my success when I do!!!!

It's possible that you could get the Marriott Ocean Club in Ihilani, rather than the JW Marriott. But I think it's a nice place as well. There's pretty much no other possibilities, other than the most likely one of all, that you end up getting nothing for those dates and a $200 max bit.

BTW, Turtle Bay has been reported at $204, so you might need to go up a few bucks from your $200 max.

• 1 month later...

Strange Update.

So after a few days of bidding on Priceline for the North Shore and Ihilani area up to $200 I did not get anything.

I was bummed as I saw on Hotwire a North Shore Resort (Turtle Bay) for $200 but it disappeared after a day and the North Shore resort hotel has not reappeared for a week now. On the other sites Turtle Bay went up from $220 a night to $260 so I was worried. The JW Ihilani went down to $199 but it was for MT view and all the reviews were saying there was construction and noise form the Disney Resort going in.

So after playing around on all the sites I wound up booking 2 days 2 nights with an Economy Car (Alamo) and an oceanfront room at Turtle Bay for $539 on Hotwire. Everything included but the $25 Resort Fee. I was able to book it knowing the hotel when adding a car to the options.

Breaking it down I figure the Hotel was around $200 a night and the car about $30 a day (taxes and car fees take it to $539). So I am happy unless I am missing something about upcoming charges. Anyone have info on renting a car with HOTWIRE and what extras I can expect in fees?

Glad you found something that works well for your plans.

I'm assuming you bought a 'hotel and car' package thru HOTWIRE, which actually uses Expedia. You shouldn't have any additional rental charges unless you decide to take their insurance, pre-pay for gas instead of filling the tank yourself, rent a GPS device, etc.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]