Priceline Hotel: Istanbul Bidding Assitance

ahstee
By ahstee,
in

I haven't, and I haven't been there.

But I wouldn't take the risk. There's no zone map for Istanbul. When I wrote to Priceline about this, that means that anything that has Istanbul in the city address can be awarded. Given that Istanbul is in two continents and is a very large city (9 million or so), I think hotel location is too important to risk.

Thanks for the info.

I decided to research on my own, and surf around for rates. Found a decent site that has some recommended hotels in Istanbul. www.turkeytravelplanner.com.

Too bad PL doesn't have some hotels there. Would like to have saved some money.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering.

PL has got Hotels in Istanbul, look at the shop and compare part of the site.

These include Holiday Inn (3*) and the Ritz (5*) and a few more.

Any idea how likely it is that any of the Hotels listed in the Shop and Compare list will come up if you use PL to bid?

When I look at Shop and Compare for other cities, I see numerous hotels that have never shown up on Priceline, along with a few which have. So it's quite possibly the same for Istanbul. Chain hotels are more likely to show up, and Holiday Inn is one of those. The one thing you can say is that if there's a chain hotel in an inconvenient location, Priceline is likely to put you there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]