Hotwire Hotel: March Trip- need help- new to hotwire

Ashley21inMarch
By Ashley21inMarch,
in

Hi! I'm new to hotwire as well as this forum.

I'm trying to plan a trip for 2 to Vegas March 18-22, for my 21st birthday. Here's what I'm looking for:

Hotel on the strip. Preferably between Tropicana Ave and Spring Mt Rd. As it will be Spring Break, I understand rates are much higher than usual. We would prefer to pay under 300 a night (including taxes).There are a few places we would rather not stay: Imperial Palace, Flamingo, Bill's Gambling Hall, Bally's, Monte Carlo, Excaliber, Luxor, Mandalay Bay. The last three are outside the area I specified. I know this is all very specific. Hence why I started planning early.

Let me know what you find!

Thanks so much in advance. and let me know if you have questions

Welcome to BetterBidding!

March Madness (college basketball) may be a bigger issue for this stay than Spring Break, but under $300/nite should be easy for this trip, what i believe i'm seeing: 5* Vdara ($179), Wynn ($179), Caesars ($170).

Any of these of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 5* hotels in the Strip North zone (NOTE the difference between 'Strip North' and 'Strip North Condo' zones)... Wynn, Encore, Venetian, and Palazzo are all great properties and most users are pretty happy with any of them.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click this HOTWIRE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How different are the prices you're seeing, $10 difference or drastically different as i'm still seeing the prices above. What are the amenities and price of the 5* Strip North property shown when searching for your dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

The 5* property matches both the Venetian and the Wynn so either of these would be my best guess for this one... the 4.5* matches Caesars and that would be my best guess there.

For Caesars this wouldn't represent too much of a discount vs. a conventionally booked room here, but a 5* hotel in the North Strip zone is currently priced at $300+ per nite for these dates, so if this is the option you're considering the current HOTWIRE rates would be a pretty good deal.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 4 weeks later...

Remember PRICELINE only guarantees a room for 2 people where when using HOTWIRE you can say if there are 3 or 4 adults. I don't know if that figures in with your planning or not.

Have fun and remember NO JAY walking... most dangerous place to do so. They have walkways over most the main strip,, but don't take a chance, watch the lights. Drivers are gawking (and sometimes drinking).

The HOTWIRE offerings change frequently, so the hotels you're seeing now might not be the ones offered once you're ready to commit to a purchase... please let us know once you're ready to move forward and we'll try to help you ID whatever is offered at that time.

Hey Ashley and congrats on turning 21. Man that was forever ago in my world! Anyway, I highly suggest going to Expedia and checking the Hotel+Car option. This ALWAYS gives the best prices, I don't know why. I just checked and prices vary wildly from $1288 for 3 nights at Planet Hollywood (a dump in my opinion) to $745 at the Four Seasons (oh I LOVE the Four Seasons. And it is in Mandalay so gives you all the more options.). You will also get a car in this deal and while many people will say you don't need a car I will always take one especially when it is this cheap (and you can park for free at all places. GL finding a place and have a great time on your 21st.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]