Hotwire Hotel: Which hotel is this?

RachelinSF
By RachelinSF,
in

I have been a lurker for the past year on this great site and now before I reserve two nights in Tampa I am wondering which hotel this is? I am looking at 4/25 to 4/27, 4* with these amenities, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center and Business Center.

I checked the available packages and the Grand Hyatt is similar but adds Tennis as an amenity. The price being offered is between $109-$121 over the past week. I am afraid that I will get the Quorom though that one offers High Speed Internet as an amenity. Thank you for your help!

mmmm well it's not the Quorum because it doesn't list Laundry

but it's not the Hyatt because it doesn't list Tennis

it's not the Wyndham because hotwire downgraded it from 4* to 3*

it lists what SHOULD be the Quorum a month later in May, so Hotwire hasn't changed it's description for the Quorum

Even if they upgraded the Wyndham to a 4* again, it wouldn't be because the Wyndham offers high-speed internet.

The Renaissance is a 4* hotel that has come up but ONLY THRU priceline, and it offers high-speed internet so it can't be that hotel.

The other possibility is they've upgraded one of their 3* or 3.5* hotels in the Westshore area to a 4*........DoubleTree has come up before as a 3.5* in Westshore, not sure which one but I checked and both of them have high-speed internet access.

One thing I noticed is, I can't find the last time somebody GOT the Grand Hyatt through Hotwire, so it's quite possible the amenities have changed..................BUT..............................................

I looked ahead to summer time for Westshore area and the Grand Hyatt DOES come up under it's amenities we have listed on the hotel list here on betterbidding.

I even checked the Embassy Suites and the Suites at Mainsail Village but all don't qualify in this case.

This leaves 3 possibilities:

A.)Its some hotel we've never seen come up before!

B.)Its one of the hotels we've listed above but the amenities have changed but then are changed back for later this year!

C.)This is a goof up!

A............no 4* level hotels (even in hotwire's eyes) have popped up in the last week

B..........not likely because I've been able to find the SUPPOSED hotels under the SUPPOSED amenities LATER this year

C........is my best guess, it's probably a mistake, I don't think they'd admit to it though

Thing is, you won't know 100% for sure until you purchase it!

Only other option left is priceline 4* in Westshore area, which either comes up with Grand Hyatt or Renaissance........and lately it HAS been the Hyatt, just check my most recent post...........so if you want to be a little safer you can use priceline.

But if you're determined to use hotwire, keep your fingers crossed and purchase and see how it goes, at least hotwire is ranking whatever hotel it is a 4*!!!

Hope this helps!!!

:) :) :o

Wow, what a super detailed response! Thanks so much for your information. I am truly perplexed. I should also add that I have been bidding every 72 hours for Priceline 4* same dates with free rebids up to $85 a night before taxes and have had no success. My reasoning to not go higher is because with Hotwire I get the $30 Entertainment rebate. I will keep trying Priceline and will not book with Hotwire unless I get close to my date. What do you think of this plan? Thanks again for your amazing insight into this particular area of the country. I did check out your bid and hope I eventually luck into the Grand Hyatt or Renaissance. I stayed at the Renaissance last August and it was flawless. All the best!

No problem, that's a good plan but the 4* hotel you see on hotwire WON'T be there FOREVER, it might last for a few more hours or a few more weeks, there are NO GUARANTEES. If your reservation is 4/25---4/27 you can wait until 4/25 to book if you want, HOWEVER most people like to get their reservation well in advance. You may be forced to bid higher than $85 on priceline to get a 4* in Westshore, I was lucky to get $85!

If you want to wait until the last minute that's fine, but be aware you may lose your chance and be forced to book somewhere else you don't want to stay at the last moment.

Both the Hyatt and the Renaissance are showing rates of about $265 a night directly from their own websites for those dates, if you pay less than $265 for either of those hotels a night then no matter what you save money!

I'd say wait until 1 WEEK before check-in, if priceline is still failing you HAVE to make a decision:

A.) use hotwire, IF that 4* is still there

B.) use priceline, but a lower star level

C.) use another website to book your reservation

D.) book directly from the hotel

I assume you're like me, you REALLY want to stay at the best hotel in tampa (4*) but if you're using PRICELINE, you don't want to pay well over $100 a night otherwise it doesn't feel like a REAL BARGAIN.

So when 1 week before your trip comes up and if you still can't win anything thru priceline at the 4* level, then I'd suggest you bid 3* and probably get a hotel for $70 or less a night vs. paying over $100 thru hotwire..........their are some nice 3* hotels in Westshore area like the Quorum, I recently posted my winning bid their and also posted a review of this hotel in the reviews section.

So in summation, keep trying until 1 week before on priceline for 4*, if no luck go to 3* level, if no luck there use another service to get your reservation, or IF you want use hotwire, honestly I think the savings thru hotwire is MINIMAL but some people like it.

Most important thing is you get a hotel room and don't wait too long.

:) :) :o

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]