Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Hilton Manhattan East

verga
By verga,
in

My family of 4 also got in on the Expedia Save300 deal. We are in NYC for 2 nights only with Dec 10 hostel bunk bed booking (3 people in same hostel and 1 person in another hostel as the other hostel was sold out) and no hotel booking on Dec 11th. We booked cancellable 2 x King Beds in HoJo LIC for Dec 11th at $130 each (total with taxes - $305).

Since all 4 of us are not staying in the same hostel, we decided to get one room on Dec 10th for parents to share and the 2 kids (in their early 20s) can stay in the hostel.

I bid on Sun for 1 room on Dec 10th (one night)..starting from 4*, 3.5* down to 3* up to $198 - NO success - getting really discouraged. On Sun midnight, I decided to bid 2.5*... starting at $80, increasing in increments of $5 and got it at $120 ... upgraded to 3.5 * MTE - Hilton Manhattan East - WOW, I couldn't believe that I scored at $120!!

Offer Price - $120.00

Number of Rooms - 1

Number of Nights - 1

Subtotal - $120.00

Taxes - $22.67

Fees - $9.98

Total Charges - $152.65

I tried to add 1 night stay for Dec 11th ...but hotel won't take it.

I tried the same 2.5* bidding strategy for Dec 11th since I scored Dec 10th...but NO success.

As always, I used your PRICELINE link.

Congrats on your success. :)

Outstanding deal for this property, which was given a renovation not long ago when it went from being an independent property to a Hilton.

If you would like assistance with your 12/11 stay, please start a new thread and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]