Priceline Hotel: New York City-Midtown W or E

Ping1320
By Ping1320,
in

I've got a reasonable idea of how the priceline gig works, but am hoping for a little more guidance. I would like something 4* (preferably) for $150 max in the above zones......I know thats wishful thinking, but a strategy to get me started would be helpful.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you also willing to bid the UM/CPS zone? This area is usually more expensive, but many are happy to get it, but more importantly it gives you extra bidding opportunities. Are you familiar with PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and which two zones qualify as your re-bid areas when bidding for 4 stars?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, but before you bid you probably want to make sure you have your re-bid zones identified correctly (we'll confirm them for you, and teach you how to figure them out if you're confused after reading the above link, but they should be checked before each round of bidding so you need to know how to figure them out yourself rather than have us simply tell you what they are).

Please read the above link and let us know if you can figure out which zones qualify as your re-bid zones (hint: there are two of them at the 4* level). Once we know you're straight on re-bidding we'll take it the next step and suggest a strategy.

If you're confused after reading the re-bidding link above post back and we'll walk you thru it a bit slower.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, my rebids look to be UES & UWS. So I should start with MTW at maybe around $110 then add my two rebids with incrementals of 5$? Then repeat the process with the other two zones at the same price point? Would that be a good plan of attack?

I think I have the swing of it now.............appreciate the help.

I think $150 is going to be tough for these dates, but this is how i would proceed:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bdi zone2...

Bid $120, if rjeected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rjeected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150.

Be sure to double-check your re-bid zones before bidding.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]