Priceline Hotel: Waikiki Beach 3/3/11-3/9/11

iwantadeal
By iwantadeal,
in

about a week ago i won a hotel and got the sheraton waikiki for $131 (march 1-9), and somebody else on the board got the Hyatt for the same price (date was close, but i don't remember the exact details). if i were you, i'd start bidding in the $120 range, but somebody with more experience may chime in and give you some more solid advice. no matter what, you should be able to get a 4*+ in waikiki beach for under $150 i think. good luck!

I've been bidding all week trying to get a Resort level room for 3/3 to 3/9 in the Waikiki Beach area (hoping for the Sheraton) and went up to $132 with no luck!. I also added the Waikiki Marina to see if the Hilton Hawaiian Village would accept but no luck with that either. I realize there's no way to predict if prices went up. Are there only so many rooms that are booked using Priceline's Name Your Price? Should I keep trying or wait closer to my trip? I was also comparing prices listed on this board around the same time last year and the resorts were booking for under $100 at that time. What gives? Does anyone know?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There are only a limited amount of discounted HOTWIRE or PRICELINE rooms, and rates/availability are date-specific (what someone gets for one day does not necessarily indicate what someone may be able to get a day later.) Prices year/over/year also may vary, possibly substantially.

If your date/s of travel are a few months out, you could bid up to a certain ceiling once a week for month. If a month (so end of the year) goes by and nothing has accepted at the ceiling price or below, then you could decide to move up the ceiling. What would be your desired budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]