Priceline: no cars available?

hottieandginger
By hottieandginger,
in

Has anyone ever received this message?

"Unfortunately, our Name Your Own Price service was unable to locate an available rental car for the area and dates you selected. However, we have found a broad selection of rental car options below."

I waited until pretty late thinking that I could get a decent rate on a car rental in OKC. But it appears that Priceline may not have any inventory...and prices on all other search engines (including Hotwire) are crazy.

Am I hosed?

Can you please follow-up your Hotwire Lincoln thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

For the rental above, you may be out of luck... what are the dates that you're trying for?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried again today ... seems like I'm just out of luck ... should have booked earlier so learned my lesson.

I ended up booking through the PRICELINE website ... after the error message, PRICELINE gave me an option to rent for two days through Advantage Car Rentals. The rental is from Monday, 12/6 through Wednesday, 12/8 (Oklahoma City). Total price for the two days (including taxes and fees:) $178.87.

I've rented a car before for $11/day in OKC. So this is crazy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]