Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Renaissance

stuseattle
By stuseattle,
in

Was hoping for the Sheraton or Westin, a little closer to where I wanted to be, but got the Renaissance, which is all right.

I only bid at 4 stars 'cause I really didn't want to end up down at the Silver Cloud Stadium, which is really a different neighborhood.

The bidding went as follows:

1. Downtown @ $58.00 ($74 w/tax) DECLINED

2. ADD Seattle Center @ $63.00 ($79 w/tax) DECLINED

3. ADD Lake Union @ $68.00 ($85 w/tax) DECLINED

4. ADD N. Everett @ $73.00 ($93 w/tax) DECLINED

Went to Hotwire and looked at their 4 Star option. It wasn't a "boutique" hotel, so Monaco was out, so I thought I take one more shot

at not getting the Renaissance and go for one more Priceline bid.

5. ADD University @ $78.00 ($97 w/tax) ACCEPTED

Also offered additional nights at the same rate, if I wanted it . . which I don't.

Anyway, the Renaissance is fine though, as I said, a few blocks farther away than I'd hoped . . . since it's a Saturday/Sunday thing, I'm hoping I'll be able to find some parking on the street.

That's my bidding story. Of course, I bid through the PRICELINE link here on betterbidding.com!

stu

Congratulations on your success!

While not the ideal hotel for this stay, glad to see this will still work for your needs and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A follow up . . .

I probably shouldn't complain about the distance . . . it's two block farther away than the other hotel and that's not a big deal in downtown Seattle.

I did, however, want to follow up on the stay.

The Renaissance had a remodel just last year and is lovely. I had asked for a quiet room, we're light sleepers. and was given a room on the 21st floor that faced the city (away from the Freeway) and was silent! The room was beautiful . . . nice decor . . .huge screen TV with complete media hookup area. (If you bring your own computer, there are all sorts of connections so that you can use the large screen with your own laptop or ipod . . .nice extra touch.) Mini-fridge . . . robe . . coffee maker . . . it actually earned the 4-star rating. Since it was a birthday stay, we decided to splurge and get room service breakfast -- ordered the night before -- and it was on time, hot, not TOO expensive, and with large portions. Also, it was all really delicious. Throw in the free Sunday paper . . .

Anyway, although it wasn't my first choice when I originally bid, I wanted everyone to know it was a lovely hotel and that the staff was incredibly welcoming to us. (We've had a couple of experiences where the "priceline" thing worked against us.) I would be happy to stay there again!

stu

PS - Room 2103 is a quiet room with a nice view and a comfortable king bed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]