Priceline Hotel: 3.5*/4* Alexandria East 12/31/10-01/01/11

rwethereyet?
By rwethereyet?,
in

You may be out of your budget for a 4* but i think the 3.5* has a decent chance, but let's try for the 4* first and if rejected we'll revise for a 3.5* property.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Alexandria East...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

change of plan, if you don't mind helping me with the new bid...

I am looking for 4* in any DC area that offer 4 stars. 12/31-01/02

No more than $90 (I hope!!!)

- Alexandria East - Old Town

- Arlington

- Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill area

- Crystal City

- Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

- National Harbor

I am leaving out just a few.

Thanks again

Taking a closer look at these dates rates are not high at all and i suspect you should be able to find something directly in Downtown DC within your $90 budget... do you still want to consider these outlying areas given they are somewhat less convenient (assuming your plans involve spending time in DC) OR do you want to re-consider the most frequently bid DC zones such as Dupont Circle, White House and/or Convention Center.

Also, if you decide to stick with your original zones, have you researched the National Harbor area? There's not too much around there and it's not generally considered centrally located to much. Will you have a car for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes, we will have a car. We have been to DC so many times, it's down the road for us and we have been there for the New Years Eve before. We have something going on in Alexandria so that would be our fav but since we have a car we will not mind the driving around, city is almost dead those days :)

I think there is one hotel in the Natinal Harbor that is a 4 or 5* so I doubt I would win that...I can always add that as last re-bid. White House...I am not sure I liked The Mayflower that much last July so that's why I left it out.

Thanks again

OK then, so using your original 4* zones you have SIX re-bid zones when bidding 4* in DC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Alexandria East-Old Town, Arlington, Convention Ctr-Capitol Hill area, Crystal City, Dupont Circle-Woodley Park...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* National Harbor...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Alexandria East-Old Town, Arlington, Convention Ctr-Capitol Hill area, Crystal City, Dupont Circle-Woodley Park, National Harbor...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, just wanted to give a follow up to my post.

I might skip priceline this time.

I have found the Sheraton National Hotel for $79 a night, with "Spectacular View Of Dc & Monuments, Oversized room, In main Tower, 25.5 X 14.3 Webtv, Playstation, Lounge Chair,desk, Luxury Pillowtop Bed, High-speed Internet, Armchair And Ottoman" plus FREE parking...I don't think I can get any "better + cheaper" than this....

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]