Priceline Hotel: New York - September 3rd to 17th

podgeen
By podgeen,
in

Hi there,

I only recently heard about the priceline and hotwire sites. I've been reading quite a few posts on this site to get an idea of how things work.

I am from Ireland and will be in new york from sept3rd to the 17th 2005.

I almost booked a studio apartment for the 2 weeks at a rate of $157 including taxes. This apartment is in West 43rd street. I have delayed booking this since hearing about these bidding sites. I am not too pushed about an apartment or a hotel but the location is important to me and also I want somewhere decent as I will be spending 2 weeks there.

For the dates I have given do you think I am likely to get a 4* hotel for less on priceline or hotwire?

I have yet to sign up for either site as I want to find out some additional info before I commit to anything. I put the dates and location into hotwire but they cheapest hotel they returned was $178 and that was before taxes for a 2.5star hotel.

September is a busy time and I am looking for a place in a popular location. Is my existing quote of $157 reasonable or am I likely to get better on hotwire or priceline?

I will probably bid on priceline later today but I need to make a decision about the studio apartment soon as it may be taken by someone else. So if I delay and spend some time bidding I may lose the option of the apartment, and find that I can't get a hotel any less.

The prices returned by hotwire were quite expensive compared to prices I have seen on other sites such as Hotels.com etc..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

dave.

I don't think you're likely to be that rate "all in" as you would have to find something for about $135/nite... plus the lenght of your stay makes this considerably more difficult.

Did the apartment come recommended from somebody? Some of them can be good deals while others turn out to be not as described.

Where on W. 43rd Street is it and what sort of location is it that you're looking for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm in a bit of a rush now so only a quick reply. The apartment rentals site was recommended in the lonely planet book on New York.

I have pasted in the details i have been given about the apartment.

Thanks for your help

dave.

WEST 43RD STREET

DOORMAN STUDIO APARTMENT

In the Javits Convention Center Area (10th Avenue)

This quiet studio apartment is in a new, luxury twenty-four hour doorman hi-rise building. The apartment has white walls, hardwood floors, and air-conditioning. This studio is very clean and comfortably decorated with a single futon bed and a full-size sofa bed. There is one solid wall of windows, which face South, West and East and overlooks the New Jersey Palisades, the Empire State Building, and the midtown NYC skyline.

The living area has a sofa with full size bed, small coffee table, a round dining table with matching chairs, several planters, and a Cable TV, VCR, and stereo without a CD player. A small alcove has a single futon, and computer desk and chair.

The fully equipped pass-through kitchen has a full-size refrigerator, gas range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and a coffee maker. The windowed bathroom has marble counters and has a nice size shower with tub.

This apartment is light, comfortable, immaculate, and represent an incredible best buy for the area. This studio is close to the Javits Convention Center and close to the Theatre District. Ninth Avenue in the 40's and 50's has some of the best restaurants in Manhattan.

The Laundry facilities are in the building.

NO SMOKING/NO PETS

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]