FL Orlando Peabody Hotel

ufjoe21
By ufjoe21,
in

Officially the Peabody seems to be rated from a 4 to 5 star hotel, I definitely agree 4 or 4.5 star hotel NO DOUBT! I wouldn't say 5 star hotel, but one must remember this is only reserved for the finest hotels. DON'T GET ME WRONG, this hotel is incredible if your used to Days, Holiday Inn or even a Crowne Plaza or a Marriott this is a very big step up. 4 star restaurant, fine Italian Steakhouse, and a nice 50's style diner, all the amenities you'd expect of a 4 star hotel. Mini-bar which is my favorite, small color tv in the bathroom which is always cool, very comfortable bed, valet service, very fine decor and ambiance. Great for familes or the business traveler. Not cheap though, typically rates start in the $200's for the most basic room, I got an awesome deal at $144 from Travelocity. I usually like to stay at the nicest hotels and I'm definitely not one of these people who will give a hotel a bad rating just because the parking or traffic is crazy at Disney simply because it's Disney!

Also, because it's quite expensive the rugrats aren't crawling everywhere. Also, they have ducks which they march from the fountain where they stay from 11AM to 5PM which they march from the fountain to the elevator twice a day. Very nice room service menu too.

4 or 4.5 Star hotel NO DOUBT!!!

• 1 month later...

We paid $75 per night at the Peabody via Priceline.

Needless to say we weren't disappointed. The Peabody is by far the nicest hotel on I-Drive and in the best location. Our main interest during our stay was Universal, which was an easy drive. We didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants...we made the short drive to the nearby McDonalds or Sizzler for breakfast, so that we could get to the parks sooner and tried many of the City Walk restaurants for dinner.

Parking is free (except valet, of course) and the parking lot is very easily accessible to the hotel.

Only downsides- they implemented a mandatory $7.00 nightly hotel fee which is "mandatory" for priceline users...the impression that I was left with is that it is optional for other guests, but not totally sure. But the 7.00 pays for itself...no parking fees, 2 bottled waters, internet access, free local and toll free calls are included for the 7.00.

My husband was very disappointed with not having a coffee pot and having to pay a $10.00 fee to use the "workout facilities"

On the last night there, they had a band that was playing at the House of Blues (I believe it was the band itself on our floor) they were very loud and disrespectful, however once security found out about it, they intervened....the officer actually pulled up a chair at the end of our hall to ensure peace and quiet for the rest of the night.

All in all a nice hotel, I've stayed in better and worse. But then again, we feel that the hotel is not the destination...Priceline is really spoiling me :)

• 4 months later...

I was the first to post a review about the Peabody....but I wanted to update since I just got back from my priceline stay there yesterday.....for $75

The Resort fee they charge is $8 plus tax ($8.52).....includes 2 bottles of Peabody water, deal on the room phone calls, deal on the use of the internet in the room and I think that was it

Unfortunately I was stuck with 2 doubles.....that's been happening lately with my priceline stays but the last few months I've had no problem getting 1 king but for some reason been stuck with 2 doubles lately...

great 4* as usual and everything I mentioned in my 1st review i still true, it's nice to have that luxury after driving/walking insane I-drive

wish I could've stayed longer!

• 3 years later...

:) I just got the peabody thru priceline for 83.00 . Would have prefered not to . we have stayed there before and did that thru hotwire .It is a total business atmosphere. We wanted a family feel resort. The only good thing is the mcDonalds. I am also concerned about staying on I drive. Security is an issue there. Oh well, this was my first priceline run and I dont think my husband wants to try it again . We prefer the Gaylord Palms and the many amenities there for kids.

• 2 years later...

I also got this property on Hotwire for $83 on 5/30/2011 - 6/1/2011. We all got exhausted from Sea World/Aquatica so we decided at the last minute to stay at a nearby hotel. I booked this hotel in the lobby with my iPhone. Once you add the customary Orlando resort fee and taxes, the real cost came to about $115.

The kids loved the place. They still talk about the hotel with the ducks. We spent almost an hour just walking around the hotel. The Peabody has a great pool area with a water slide. Nice view from the hotel room too.

We never felt threatened or insecure while on the main I drive road.

I recommend this property and it deserves its 4.5* rating.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]