Priceline Hotel: 2.5 NYC Apr 27-29

Outta
By Outta,
in

Can someone tell me a reasonable bid for a 2.5* + for the end of April in Midtown (central, east, west, or south) or Upper East Side (I realize the chances of getting 2.5 in the Upper East Side is small) but I'm thinking really of Midtown.

Also, what is a reasonable bid for a 2* in that area? I've been rejected for up to $120 in those areas (going down to a 2*).

Thx.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you certain you really want to be bidding at the 2* and 2.5* level in NYC... you could get a place that really is, as they say, 'less than desirable.' If you could stretch your budget to $160 or so i think it opens up some budget oriented places that have received good reviews.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Last August I bid $101 and 2.5* and got a boutique Sheraton. It was beautiful. So that's what I was going on (as far as the stars). I can see that prices are decidedly higher these days.

Ok then, if you think $160 is a reasonable price, what strategy would you use to get something like that in Midtown/Chelsea area (or even Upper East Side)? Thx.

Eastgate Tower for $158/nite (reviews)

Bedford Hotel for $161/nite (reviews - most recent not so great but previous page(s) are much better)

Beekman Tower for $179/nite (little more than talked about above but it's a 1BR suite and great reviews)

Of course you could try to beat the above with the opaque services, but then you're subject to any hotel in the zone at that star level... which may not be as good as the specific ones above.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and then you'll either be able to book one of the above or we can come up with a plan knowing what your best alternative would be.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went to your Eastgate Tower link. It says the price is $159 for a studio per night. But when I go to reserve it, it says that the average cost per night is $181 plus taxes. I get the taxes but why the additional cost per night?

Also, I have stayed at On the Ave in the Upper West Side. I like that place. Do you have a link that can get a good price there?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]