MN Minneapolis-St Paul Best Western Kelly Inn

Rebekah
By Rebekah,
in

We stayed here for two nights for a friend's wedding in late October 2010. We won this hotel on Priceline and when we looked it up, we found out that some of the rooms are smoking rooms. I called and requested a non-smoking room, but they said they were booked.

When we got there, the person checking us in saw our request and offered us a handicapped-accessible non-smoking room, which we gladly took. When we got to the room, it still smelled faintly of smoke, and there was a strong bad odor in the entryway of the room. I'm not sure what it was from, but it smelled terrible.

The room itself was big enough for the two of us, and the bed was comfortable, although the bedspread was stained. The bathroom was very dark and dingy. After I pulled the shower curtain closed while showering, I could barely see to shave. The room as a whole wasn't the cleanest hotel room I've ever seen, but it wasn't horribly dirty either.

We ordered room service for breakfast the first morning, and an hour later, we were still waiting. I called back down to see where our food was, and was told that they had forgotten to take our room number! I'm sorry, shouldn't that be the FIRST thing you ask your guests? they have our food to us within 20 minutes, but they still charged us for it. The hash browns were good, but the toast was stale and the eggs were runny. I know that the restaurant is run separately from the hotel, so this wasn't the hotel's fault, but it's something to consider.

The parking was free, it was within walking distance to downtown, and the pool looked nice, although we didn't use it. Overall it was okay, but I don't believe we'll be staying here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]