Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) Langham Hotel

Maravis05
By Maravis05,
in

I've been lurking this wonderful forum for about 3 hours and I finally decided to post.

I'm proposing to my girlfriend on 11/21 and want a place to stay that night in Boston. I want a 5*, but the deals I've seen here have convinced me to settle for the best I can get on either PL or Hotwire. (Let me preface with saying that I have used the links above to access their sites)

Taj Boston is going for 212 retail on PL, and my best guess for it on hotwire is going for $193. Does that seem right? Shouldn't it be much less? Allow me to explain,

I'm getting a result for 4 1/2* on hotwire that is in the Boston Common - Theatre District with the tennis and golf amenities, which was suggested on this forum might be Taj Boston. I would rather pay another $20 to know what I'm getting. Any advice? Is there a better hotel in this area that I'm not thinking of? Or is this the probable savings from hotwire?

Also, there is a $159 Quincy Market - Financial District 4 1/2* hotel available with a spa and a business center. Any guesses on that one?

I really want this night to be special, and I feel that I've reached my limit on trying to get a good hotel on my own. My brain is feeling mushy!

Thank you to all the moderators who work hard on this site, and to the contributing users. Thanks in advance for whoever answers this post! I really appreciate it.

Maurice.

A Big Congrats on the Proposal! :)

I'll also throw out the Onyx as a suggestion in terms of a particular property for the occasion; this Kimpton boutique is on sale for $134, plus coupon code ORBITZ5 takes 5% off = $134. Gets solid reviews and free wine social hour at night. Additionally, the Lenox is on sale for $145 via Hotels.com, and coupon code HOTELS2010 should take 5% off.

The Taj is $188 on GTA Hotels.com.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Orbitz, Hotels.com or GTA Hotels.com links to start your purchases and searches.

Wow! Well so far, thanks to you both! Thank you Aaron for the recommendations, I'll definitely take those into consideration.

@Yellowdog:

HOTWIRE 11/21-11/22 Boston, MA Quincy Market - Financial District 4 1/2* $159 with smoke free, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, and spa.

HOTWIRE 11/21-11/22 Boston, MA Boston Common - Theatre District 4 1/2* $193 with smoke free, fitness center, restaurant, high speed internet, golf, and tennis.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing back!

-Maurice

The Quincy Market-Financial property matches both the Langham and the InterContinental so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

The Boston Common property has not yet been reported to the board, but some previous guessed have included the W Hotel or the Taj.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the other links provided above if you go the hotel direct route)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you Thereuare! I appreciate your help.

But... Ahhhh! I'm no good at this. I don't know what to do!! I would love to have a pool, but the W and the Taj look nicer than the Langham and the InterContinental. But the latter two are cheaper! And if I want the Taj, I can get that for cheaper than Hotwire's $193, unless it's the W which seems worth it! I'm stuck. I always spend lots of time trying to inform myself as best as I can to make what I consider the best choice possible. Now I realize how hard it is when I'm missing an important piece of the puzzle. Any further advice I can elicit from the board? This would be straight personal opinion. If not I'm sure I'll figure it out, but help? :)

A friend of mine just stayed at the W a few weeks ago - He said it was one of the nicest hotels he has ever stayed at - everything is new & beautiful... The Taj is nice but a little stuffy as it was the Ritz Carlton previously. The Langham is more on the order of the Taj ( I used to work in the hotel...) - The Intercontinental is great & I have heard rave reviews from friends as well - The W would be a better location centrally than the Intercontinental though.

lastminutetravel.com has:

the Intercontinental for $189.00 listed under 4.5-star hotel in Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Bost

Fairmont Battery Wharf for $112.00 listed as 4.5-star hotel in Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Bost

The Onyx for $117.00 listed as 4-star hotel in Downtown Area/Boston

The Langham for $144.00 listed as 4-star hotel in Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Boston

The Lenox for $133 listed as 4-star hotel in Back Bay Area/Boston

Personally I would either go with the W or the Fairmont Battery Wharf - The Fairmont gets spectacular reviews & is right on the Waterfront.

I gambled and lost. I'm so bummed. I wanted the intercontinental, but got the langham.

Langham

Hotwire

11/21/2010-11/22/2010

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

90% with over 500 reviews

4 stars on trip advisor

Subtotal:$159.00

Tax recovery charges and fees:$32.31

Total:$191.31

(on the langham's website they charge $185.00 + $26.73 = 211.73 meaning I saved $20. Epic hotwire fail.)

I almost just tried again at another site, but I realized that I would then end up paying as much as a full price 5 star hotel. Someone please tell me that I'm going to love the Langham and everything will be great. :/

Maravis 5

Congrats on your win...

I live in Maine & get to the Portsmouth area often. I actually have been meaning to go to Bonto - This may give me good reason - have heard great things about the place. Am glad to be of assistance when needed. Too bad you didnt get the Intercontinental... The Langham is lovely though - just more classic old world style. Good luck with your proposal

I think an old-world property may be more romantic for the occasion than a more trendy boutique, and if you let them know that you are planning to propose during the stay and are looking for a place to do so, the hotel may have suggestions within the hotel or may be able to offer some other old world romantic ideas for the occasion.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]