Priceline Hotel: *5 Singapore Bidding

giblet
By giblet,
in

I've just had some failed attempts for Singapore Jan 1-3.

Here's what I tried:

$90 *5 Marina Bay/City Hall

$101 *5 Marina Bay/City Hall - Riverside

$107 *5 Marina Bay/City Hall - Riverside - Financial District

I'd love to get into any of the *5 hotels in the Marina Bay/City Hall area. Not as excited about the Orchard Road options. It looks like the Conrad Centennial had a lot of wins in the $107-110 range, so I am hoping to go up to $110 tomorrow and try again. I was nervous to add another area (there's an East Coast that I think has no 5 star hotels) that I wouldn't want to stay in, so I think I have to wait.

Any bidding suggestions? This is my first attempt with Priceline so not sure if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks!

When bidding the 5* level in Singapore you currently have THREE re-bid zones available. Are you familiar with determining your re-bid zones using the technique in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained? Feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board or any questions you may have in determining which are your re-bid zones.

Also, rates for your dates are a little higher than usual, i suspect the NYE weekend may have something to do with it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I understand it--that's why I added a new zone with each bid. There's another zone called "East Side" that I was afraid to add because I wasn't sure if they have any 5 star hotels there and I wouldn't want to stay there.

Also, is there any reason you moved my post that I posted in response to the other person's Singapore thread onto this thread? I wanted to make sure they saw my bids because it is for the same week.

I was afraid to add because I wasn't sure if they have any 5 star hotels there...
If you use the techniques in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained you can determine the highest rated hotel in each zone. Please see the previous link and if you're confused as to the process on determining the rated hotel available in each zone just post back and we'll break it down further for you.
Also, is there any reason you moved my post that I posted in response to the other person's Singapore thread onto this thread? I wanted to make sure they saw my bids because it is for the same week.
It was my mistake and have moved the post back to the original priceline thread... is it correct now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]