Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy for San Antonio Resort

upkarblr
By upkarblr,
in

Would like some tips on a bidding strategy for a resort in San Antonio, Texas

From my research all resorts (about 2 or 3 of them) are in San Antonio West (Sea World). Also heard that most of them get the Hilton which is not actually a resort. I prefer Hyatt Resort.

Does selecting the star level "Resort" also bid on all other star levels or is "Resort" a totally different star level.

Also since the resorts are only in San Antonio West area, does it mean I can have multiple tries in one day (almost 14 extra tries) by selecting all other regions one by one. Since the other areas do not have a resort I will actually be bidding only on San Antonio West area. Is my conclsuion correct? I don't want to end up in a different area with a different star level though I selected only a "Resort" star level.

So my approach is to start with Area "San Antonio West" and Star level as "Resort". I will then go on adding all other areas one by one and increase my bidding price.

Welcome any suggestions. Also any ideas on zeroing in for Hyatt Resort greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The star rating hierarchy is as follows:

5*

Resort

4*

3.5*

3*

2.5*

2*

1*

So when you bid a Resort class hotel you could be upgraded to a 5* hotel (if offered in one of the zones selected) but not receive anything at the 4* or lower star rating. At the moment, San Antonio West-Sea World is the only zone with Resorts, and there are no zones in this region with 5* hotels, so you should be safe using all the other zones as re-bid zones. HOWEVER, you should always check just before every bidding cycle to confirm that nothing has changed (ie- no other zones have added 5* or Resort class bidding). If you're not sure how to determine your re-bid zones see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your expected nightly budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]